Highly experienced mathematics teacher with over 25 years of teaching in mainstream education in London. I am currently the head of the Mathematics department in a specialist school that caters for students with complex social and emotional needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Having obtained my PGCE at the University of London I have taught Mathematics to GCSE/A-level in a variety of secondary schools. I obtained my Masters degree in 'Inclusion and Special Educational Needs' and now teach GCSE to students who need additional support outside of a mainstream setting. I believe the skills I have acquired over the years allow me to fully empathise with my students and draw out their full potential.
- How much do you charge?
KS1 & KS2 £40/hr. KS3 & KS4 £45/hr.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home which is a quiet, comfortable environment where I have full access to all my teaching resources and allows me to make the lessons both visual and interactive.
- When are you available?
After 4pm on weekdays. Weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE (Maths), Functional Skills, 7+,11+ & 13+ entry exams.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My priority is always to build confidence and self esteem in my students so that they can recognise their true potential. This process comes through a tailored approach to the needs of the student whilst incrementally leading them towards success in key sections of the curriculum and towards becoming an independent learner.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 25 years experience of teaching Maths in mainstream and specialist schools. I have always received excellent feedback from both my students and parents.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date DBS.
• BSc Electrical Engineering Hons, PGCE (Maths), Postgrad. Certificate in Computing
• MBA 'Inclusion & Special Educational Needs', 25 years experience as Maths teacher
• Current DBS
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 7 plus lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||£45||Not available|