My teaching method is fully one to one interaction to ensure learning is taking place at an optimum level. I tailor the lessons to the student's unique learning style and ensure they are well prepared for any exam/assessment or are just very confident in the subject, for whichever outcome they decide to use it for.
I have been tutoring for a few years now and have a lot of experience and ability in teaching my pupils to achieve the best outcomes. I always go the extra mile and work outside of our lessons to ensure the student is achieving the best possible education. I tailor everything for the student too to ensure they are able to learn the materials. I also have a natural ability to actually teach so that the students absorb what I am providing for them. My writing ability itself is very advanced as I also have vast writing experience in news journalism, proof-reading, editing and writing books and poetry. I love to tutor English, an expert equally in English Literature, English Language and Creative Writing. I have advanced knowledge of the subject`s varieties and I take pride in, and usually become friends with my students.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Newman University, Birmingham, UK – BA Hons 2:1 in English Language and Literature (‘14)
(Graduation date: Oct ‘14)
Kidderminster College, Worcestershire, UK – 3 x A Levels in English, Psychology, Media
1 x AS Level in Drama
Edgecliff High School, Kinver, Staffordshire, UK – 10 GCSEs in English (Language; Literature), Maths, Science (Physics; Chemistry), Business Studies, I.T., (double languages): French, Spanish, and R.E.
Level 4 Award in Advanced Special Educational Needs – Higher Distinction (‘17)
Certificate in Primary School Teaching: Ensuring Excellence in Writing – 100% (‘18)
Certificate in Teaching Kids English – 100% (‘18)
Certificate in SEND: Teaching Children with Learning Difficulties – 100% (‘18)
Feb ’14 – Current PRIVATE ENGLISH TUTOR BIRMINGHAM; WEST MIDLANDS
Role: Private English tutor for Primary School, KS4, GCSE, AS and A Level, Adult Learner, SEN and 11+ students
- Tutor English, both language and literature, to a wide spectrum of students with varying levels in English, helping them achieve top results
- Assess the range of abilities for each student and structure my tutoring based on educational needs for the varying levels in order to achieve their full potential
- Tutor and improve students’ writing skills: SPAG
- Create many resources for the students
- Available outside of lessons to ensure students have extra support and that they feel confident
Dec ’16 – April ‘17 PROOFESSOR WORLDWIDE
Role: Proof-reader for University students
- Proof-reading and tracking changes on assignments for those who struggle with the English language
- This included specific help in grammar, punctuation, swapping words for more coherent meaning
- Overall helping students who struggle in English who are studying all kinds of degrees, into obtaining better grades in their assignments due to their improved writing level.
July ’15 – Present WRITER, BIRMINGHAM, UK
Role: Writing various short stories and flash fictions
- Researching precise forms
- Using initiative, utilising creative modes to establish my style of writing
- Searching for, meeting and interacting with people to inspire my characters
- Working independently for long hours, with a disciplined and fast-paced approach
- Enthusiasm in writing helps me to produce personalised stories which I sell
Dec ’14 – July ‘15 SAINT JOSEPH (PRIMARY SCHOOL) JARD-SUR-MER, FRANCE
Role: Primary School Teaching Assistant in France
- Assisting the teacher in taking care of the pupils and managing the classroom
- Providing extra support and assistance to pupils with their learning, social development and play
- Helping teachers plan learning activities and trips
- Specifically guiding SEN students
Anna is very passionate about her subject and that passion is infectious. I learned a great deal when she tutored me and I found it enjoyable as well as educational. I would highly recommend Anna.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|