For all my lessons I design a set of slides on the lesson content and I deliver the lesson using an iPad pro as it means I can annotate and adapt my slides to the student's questions. Students find this technique both interactive and easy to follow. I follow up every lesson with past paper questions and a set of notes which I will mark and provide feedback on.
I am an engineering student at Imperial College London with over two years of experience in tutoring. I have taught over 15 different students split between Manchester and London some of whom have jumped entire grades at both A-level and GCSE. I have taken Maths, Further Maths and Physics for A-level and therefore understand what is required to achieve certain grades.
Imperial College London – MEng Mechanical Engineering 2017-2021
• Achieved first-class honours in 1st and 2nd year and prize for ‘Excellence in Design and Reporting skills’
• Achieved top of the year in Thermodynamics in 2nd year and attained prize for ‘Outstanding Performance in Thermodynamics’
The Manchester Grammar School 2010-2017 A-Level – Physics A*, Mathematics A*, Further Mathematics A*, French A*
IGCSE – 10 A*s including Mathematics, Physics and English Literature and an A* with distinction in Further Maths
Work Experience and Internships
Physics and Maths Tutor London and Manchester May 2019 - Present
• Prepare my own lessons and material to tutor physics and maths from primary up to A level
• Requires a high level of organisation, time management and independence
Power Engineering Consultants Alderley Edge, Cheshire July - August 2018
• Designed, built and tested a point on wave switch
• Participated in testing of switch gear and generator on an E.ON site in Yorkshire
• Aided in the design of a device to determine the positions of individual current transformers in a stack
The Seashell Trust Handforth, Cheshire
September 2015 – March 2017
• Qualified swimming instructor teaching children with sensory impairment and multiple learning and communication difficulties
Marks and Spencer Handforth, Cheshire July –September 2017
• Experience included inventory rotation, stock control, cash handling and customer relations Airbus Group Filton, Bristol July 2015
• Obtained the Silver Industrial Cadets award by presenting to a panel of engineers how technology such as CAD software is used at Airbus.
• Gained an insight into how CAD software can be used to test components for fatigue failure and stress
The Seashell Trust Handforth, Cheshire 2013-15
• Worked one-on-one with less able children; building relationships and taking responsibility for their wellbeing
Manchester Academy Manchester
• Helped tutor maths and sciences to GCSE pupils
Imperial Racing Green Pikes Peak Quad team
Head of Marketing of project and part of steering column sub-team
Imperial University first team
Member of the Climbing Hangar where I climb weekly
• Studied MATLAB for two years and have important understanding of programming in engineering
• Independently taught myself Swift programming language so I could make iOS apps
• Business level French
• Very proficient in both SolidWorks and Fusion360
References – Available on request
For the past year I have lived with Cameron in our London house, he is an extremely considerate housemate and friend. He takes the time check in after a long day and often is the one to make the house decisions, and deal with any issues we may have.
I would highly recommend taking Cameron on as your tutor as he is not only reliable, and very brainy, but a great person to be around.
Having known and lived with Cameron for three years now, I can attest to both his teaching aptitude and kindness. We are both mechanical engineering students, taking the same courses at the same university, however it always seems to be Cameron explaining concepts and solutions to me and rarely vice versa! What's equally as impressive as his fast learning is the way that he can explain complex ideas in relatable and easily understandable ways - I think he is an excellent tutor.
Apart from educational excellence, Cameron is a very sociable person, who, through his trustworthy and approachable nature, makes friends easily in all situations.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|