I would like to set out different teaching methods for every individual student. Some examples of methods I have adopted includes going through interesting news cutting with students (will have the students read it out and correct any mistake instantly), guide them with reading books, listening to songs etc.
I am from Taiwan but have lived in Hong Kong for over 20 years where I worked as an international news reporter and did voice-over for video news in both Mandarin and Cantonese, which I believe is a good proof of me being native for both Mandarin and Cantonese in terms of writing and speaking.
I majored in Journalism & Mass Communication for undergraduate course, and in International Relations for postgraduate course. And I have experience of preparing students for public exams in Chinese, as well as had tutored adults with their speaking.
cancellation needs to be 2 days ahead, and anywhere which transportation fee is more than 3 pounds, might need to pay half of the transportation fee.
Journalism and Mass Communication (undergraduate)
@Hong Kong Shue Yan University
International Relations - Diplomacy (postgraduate)
@ University of Birmingham
Chinese: Good in writing skill (Both traditional and simplified Chinese)
Mandarin: Native (mother tongue as I am from Taiwan)
Cantonese: Native (as I have been in Hong Kong since Kindergarten)
Taiwanese: Native (as I am from Taiwan)
English: Fluent (as I went to English school since Primary and had done Master in the U.K.)
Full-time reporter, Apple Daily
● Write and produce video news on International issues. Achievement:
● Gain knowledge on International issues as well as how to analyze them.
Part-time reporter, Sky Post Responsibilities:
● Handle International news on daily basis. Achievement:
● Learnt to communicate with editor effectively and to avoid errors.
Summer intern, Equal Opportunities Commission Responsibilities:
● Assist with the daily operation of P.R. department. Achievement:
● Participate in preparation and holding of various events and international conferences.
Customer Ambassador, Manpower Responsibilities:
● Deal with all kinds of customer queries. Achievement:
● Worked in various exhibitions, assisting customers.
Reporter, Cult Magazine Hong Kong(Currently named as Up2U) Responsibilities:
● Think of possible topics for articles, do the interview, writing and photography for articles.
● Took part in various issues, and composed a number of articles.
Summer intern, Scholastic Hong Kong Ltd. Responsibilities:
● Data entry, as well as packing books for delivery. Achievement:
● Spotted out mistakes in receipts while entering data.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£81||£90|