Each topic is broken down to ensure that each student understands before moving on. Furthermore, VARK learning is offered (Visual, Auditory, Reading-writing, and Kinestheic to ensure everyone reaches their potential.
Having been a teacher and tutor for over 8 years, I have taught in Finland, India, China and the UK.
Unlike other tutors, Kellie prides herself on her diversity and global approach in teaching practices, and draws on the Steiner, Small Community School, Montessori, and rote learning to ensure students achieve their best; become independent learners, and have fun.
For group online lessons it is £20.00 an hour with a maximum of 5 students.
If it is one-to-one online tuition it will be £35 an hour
2016 – 2017 International Open Academy
• Dyslexic Therapist
2015 – 2016 Centre of Excellence
• Diploma in Mindfulness achieved Distinction.
• Diploma in CBT (Advanced) achieved Distinction.
2013 – 2014 Stonebridge College
• Veterinary Support Assistant Level 3 course achieved Distinction.
2008-2011 University of Nottingham
• BA (Hons): English Studies 2.1 achieved.
• Nottingham Advantage Award: Work Experience Module and Law Module.
• Erasmus Exchange: Studied English at Helsinki University in Finland for six months.
2006-2008 North Hykeham Joint Sixth Form
• A Levels: Biology (A), Drama and Theatre Studies (A) and English Language and Literature (A).
• Advanced Extension Award (AEA): English Language and Literature (Distinction).
2002-2006 Cherry Willingham Community School
• G.C.S.E: English Language and Literature (Double Award) (A*), French (B), Geography (A*), History (A*), Maths (B), Religious Education (A*), Religious Studies (A*), and Science (Double Award) (A*).
2013 – Present Private tutor
As a private tutor, I assist students with the National Curriculum by drawing on creative and resourceful methods to engage students. Through this role I have worked with students from diverse backgrounds and needs, both SEN and behavioral.
I privately tutor students from all walks of life to reach their potential. This entails:
• Identifying the individual learning styles of the student to inspire them;
• Researching and adapting materials;
• Building rapport with parents to keep them posted on the progress of their child.
05/09/15 – Present Teacher at Oxbridge Centre
Adhering to the polices and codes of practices of Oxbridge Centre, I teach Primary School students how to prepare for their eleven plus by researching and creating entertaining games. As a Secondary School teacher, I create resources to assist students through their GCSEs. This entails:
• Understanding the National Curriculum;
• Exam invigilating;
• Liaising with staff to ensure the codes of practice and ethos of the centre are upheld.
27/01/2014 – 05/06/2014 Teaching Assistant at Harris Girls' Academy
As a tutor/classroom assistant, I would go into classes and help students to complete tasks. My responsibilities also included:
• One-to-one tuition for statemented students;
• Teaching IGCSE English to small groups by researching novel practices.
• Helping students move up a grade through creative and engaging practices.
29/08/11 - 29/07/12 Teacher at Wuhan Yangtze Business University
As the main teacher in the classroom, I managed thirty students (aged 18 plus) learning English as a foreign language, for both writing and oral classes, as well as Business English. My responsibilities included:
• Creating and executing a syllabus that would improve exam scores;
• Marking coursework and research papers;
• Writing student reports for both the students and Head of Department.
01/09/12 – 01/12/12 Online English Teacher for Lyngo
As a teacher of English for Lyngo my responsibilities were:
• Guiding students through the syllabus;
• Explaining vocabulary and concepts;
• Encouraging students to communicate with one another.
Due to my enthusiasm and dedication, I was asked to take on more responsibility and teach IELTS students pronunciation.
24/09/10 - 01/04/11 Internship at Nottingham Domestic Violence Forum
As an intern, I assisted in the Whole School Project, aimed at Secondary School students, which entailed:
• Attending schools and helping set up materials and creating games that were both entertaining and informative for the main speaker;
• Helping small groups of students with behavioural difficulties to complete the tasks;
• Speaking to students about their understanding of domestic violence.
01/2009 – 06/2009 Volunteer at the International Christian Church (ICC)
The centre catered for children aged 10 to 16 years old, and as a volunteer my responsibilities were:
• Assisting in running after school clubs by preparing snacks and fun activities;
• Helping children with homework;
• Working one-to-one with children with special educational needs to complete their homework and to ensure their well-being;
• Cleaning and tidying the room.
Furthermore, whilst studying abroad I used my initiative and took up freelance work. I corrected and proof-read academic essays and business documents. I also tutored adult learners in spoken and written English.
11/08/10 – 11/09/10 Internship at Centre for Environmental Education, Ahmedabad, India
As an intern, I worked on the International Conference: ‘Ethical Framework for Sustainable World’, which involved:
• Contributing to web design: (concealed information)
• Preparing materials for workshops;
• Proof-reading documents, ensuring the content and style suited the different platforms.
Summer 2010 and Summer 2009 Activity Leader at Language and Learning Centre (LAL), Tavistock, Devon
Working with students from all over the world, aged 8 to 16 years old, my role involved:
• Ensuring the well-being and enjoyment of overseas students;
• Creating new forms of entertainment. My most successful idea was adapting the School Disco by changing the venue to the common room and having a beach themed party. This took pressure off the students to dance, allowing them to interact with each other and staff in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
• Leading excursions and activities.
Other work experience
• 01/10/12 – 26/09/13 Call Taker at Lincolnshire Police
• 2006 – 2008 Volunteer with V-Inspired in social community projects.
Other relevant qualifications
• Toastmasters: ‘Won Best Speaker’ on two occasions.
• To develop personally and professionally, I have worked with Purple Speaking Academy and Coaching.
• 11/10/13 – 26/09/14 Brian Timoney Actors’ Studio
Vocational training in acting and the business of acting.
• RADA: Introductory to Film and Television
• NCALT training in Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour, Bullying, Health & Safety and Information Awareness.
• IT: Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Word.
• Junior Sports Leadership Award (JSLA).
• Peer mentor for year 7 students.
Hobbies and interests
• As an avid performer and lover of arts, I have participated in many theatre companies.
• I have a passion for wildlife and have been involved in numerous wildlife schemes. Whilst at University I was President of Animal Rights and Welfare and Publicity Officer of Conservation Society.
• I enjoy a range of sports, including cycling, walking for leisure and roller-skating.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|