I'm an experienced Opera singer, with many years performing and teaching. I teach vocal technique, Classical and Music Theatre styles & all abilities from beg to adv.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I hold a BA (hons) from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama( validated by Glasgow University.)
I am a graduate of the Britten Pears Opera School at the Royal College of Music, hold ARCM Diploma, LLCM and ALCM Diplomas
- How much do you charge?
Tuition fees are £40 per hourGroup lessons can be arranged at reduced rates on negotiation.
- Where do you teach?
Normally I teach from home.
- When are you available?
Lessons can be arranged to suit individual requirements.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I am happy to teach secondary school age and upwards. All abilities are welcome from beginners to advanced including those wishing preparation for auditions and college entrance exams. Choir members wishing to improve vocal technique are also particularly welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for ABRSM grades and TrinityGuildhall Exams
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 20 years of international solo performing experience with major British and International Opera Houses.I have performed as a soloist with many major orchestras, Choral societies and have recorded for BBC radios 2,3 & 4. I have recorded for television and film soundtrack. My wide ranging teaching experience includes private tuition, schools workshops and opera workshops with the community.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I am CRB checked as part of my voluntary work with the charity "Dyscover" - a communication group for those suffering from Aphasia
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (formerly the RSAMD) with Patricia MacMahon and at the Ryoal College of Music with Kathleen Livingstone
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the British Voice association and the Voice Care network
• BA (Hons) Music Glasgow University
• CRB checked with "Dyscover" (an aphasia charity)
• Member British Voice Association , Voice Care Network
A respected and talented artist in her own right, Jeni has years of experience, sound knowledge and an inspiring enthusiasm for teaching.
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|