- Hourly rate £35
- Response Time 24h
- Number of students 3
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
John - Vange - Test prep
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
I am a very experienced teacher, having taught in schools for 20 years. I am friendly, have a good sense of humour and always have a good relationship with my students and parents.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach chemistry to "A" and IB level, plus science and maths to GCSE and IGCSE standard.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a Graduate of The Royal Institute of Chemistry, BSc in Chemistry and PGCE.
- How much do you charge?
My charges are £35.00 for "A" and IB level chemistry and £30.00 for GCSE and IGCSE Science and Maths
- Where do you teach?
I cover the South of Essex, including, Thurrock, Basildon, Benfleet, Hadleigh, Rayleigh, Wickford, Billericay, Brentwood and Chelmsford. Lessons will generally take place at the student's home, but can be at my home if appropriate.
- When are you available?
I am available from 9 am to 8 pm weekdays and 9am to 1 pm on Saturdays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages from 14 years upwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I teach mainly students studying for GCSE, IGCSE, A level and IB
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Should you be re-taking examinations, looking for a higher grade, or are just having trouble understanding the subject, then I can offer you a friendly and sympathetic way of tutoring, to help you.
- Test prep
- International Baccalaureate
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught in secondary schools for 20 years, helping my students to obtain excellent results. I have been a private tutor for the past 10 years.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current CRB check.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I was originally a Research Chemist, with a great experience in practical techniques, working for 2 large pharmaceutical companies. I studied at The North East London Polytechnic, to become a Graduate of The Royal Institute of Chemistry. I
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a Graduate of The Royal Institute of Chemistry
- 5h: £175
- 10h: £350