I am a professional writer and teacher. I have also been a professional journalist writing for The Times, The Guardian, The Financial Times, The Observer and The Sunday Times. I have broadcast on radio as an arts reporter.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach English Literature, Creative Writing, Playwriting, Criticism, Performance, Media, Journalism,Theatre and Theatre Studies, French.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
PhD in Theatre from the University of York.
BA from London University.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £70-£75 an hour. Travel is charged only for Outer London.
- Where do you teach?
I live in Central London. I prefer to teach in Central and North London.
- When are you available?
As I am a freelance my times vary.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach sixteen year olds upwards.
I teach GCSE, A Level and pre-University.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am happy to tutor online by Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am keen to empower students to find their own easy writing style that is clear, specific and academic.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught as a freelance professor at City University, Middlesex University, the University of York, Chichester University.
I have taught American and international students at New York University London and St Lawrence University Study Abroad Program London.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I have a DBS as I run a theatre company that offers drama classes for children.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of British Actors Equity, The National Union of Journalists and UCU.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I am teaching American students theatre at the moment at St Lawrence University.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|