My name is Luise and I am a current English Literature graduate and GCSE English Intervention Support Worker from Leeds.
My teaching method is to provide relaxed, interesting, engaging and inspiring lessons that not only enhance learner's academic ability, but also provide an appreciation of the importance of English studies and love for learning!
As I am most familiar with the new AQA GCSE English specification and currently have a career that allows me to work across key stages within a school setting, I can provide a detailed and personal core learning session for children of 11+ years. I have full access to a range of resources and CGP revision guides that can both form the basis of the topics covered in sessions, or be used independently as revision for upcoming exams.
For Key Stage 3 learners, I Focus on building key skills needed to prepare for and succeed in GCSE, including:
- Critical analysis
- Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar
- Creative writing
- Oracy and spoken language
- Memory for Learning
- Formulating Opinions
- Genre Conventions (play, prose, poetry)
- Development of Reading Skills
- Identifying writer's methods
- Writing for purpose
For Key Stage 4 Learners, I Focus on GCSE exam preparation across both Literature and Language.
(My current career enables me to have access to study guides, certified AQA GCSE English past papers/ mark schemes, resources and a particular professional insight into the success criteria for the new AQA GCSE English Literature and Language specifications)
*Although I currently work within a set curriculum of specifically set texts - I am able to access the complete text guide for the AQA GCSE English literature specification.*
English Literature focus:
- Critically analysing the effects of a writer's choice of language, structure, themes and content within the set texts.
- Understanding the significance of historical and social context when critically analysing the set texts.
- Developing essay writing skills by learning how to formulate a successful and substantial essay response to a model GCSE style question.
- To develop key revision strategies to prepare for you exams.
Speciality teaching areas:
- Anthology poetry (Power and Conflict anthology)
- Unseen poetry
- 19th Century texts (Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol)
- Shakespeare (Macbeth)
- Modern Text (An Inspector Calls and Blood Brothers)
English Language skills focus:
- Information retrieval
- Identifying the effect of a writer's language methods
- Identifying the effect of a writer's structural methods
- Summarising differences/ similarities of texts
- Developing key creative writing skills
- Writing for purpose (persuade, inform, entertain etc.)
This list is not exhaustive but is intended to outline my personal teaching skill set.
Upon your initial FREE session it is important to outline your strengths and weaknesses across the key learning areas of English. I find the most effective way of doing this is by establishing and setting goals/personal targets and planning around your needs. Whether you need to develop confidence in reading and writing or constructing your ideas into essays - I've got you covered!
I am a recent university graduate with a FIRST CLASS honours degree in English Literature. I currently work in an esteemed secondary school in Leeds as a full time as an English Intervention Support worker for children of 11+ years. I work closely with the new AQA English GCSE specification and dedicate my career to the planning, execution, delivery and marking of English GCSE lessons and practice exams.
As of September 2019/20 I will be embarking on my teacher training and will continue to nurture my skill set and teaching style.
I have mentored hundreds of children and seen so much success over the years! Will you be one of my success stories?
Education and qualifications:
-Sept 2007 - July 2012 (Royds School Specialist Language College)
Obtained 12 GCSE qualifications including English (A), Mathematics (C), Science (B).
- Sept 2012 - July 2014 (Royds School Specialist Language College Sixth Form)
Obtained 3 A-Level qualifications including English literature (A), Media Studies (B) and English Language (C).
- Sept 2014 - July 2017: Leeds Beckett University
Obtained a Fist Class B.A. Hons degree in English Literature
- Dec 2015 - Dec 2017: Maths and English Tutor at Explore Learning
- Sept 2017 - Present: English Intervention Support Worker at Corpus Christi Catholic College
I am fully DBS checked and possess an up-to-date DBS certificate
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|