I centre my lessons around the individual needs of the student, and link it to the requirements of the school curriculum or the learning aims of the student. I use interactive content with challenging elements whilst maintaining an element of fun and enjoyment.
My classes are aimed at most ages and talents, whether that be secondary school pupils who want to catch up with their classmates, students looking to improve their social and academic English or older students aiming to feel more connected with life in Leeds.
I am a linguist with experience of working as an English language tutor in Austria. I have worked with individuals and groups to prepare them for exams and improve their spoken and written English. I am currently working as an EAL Mentor in Leeds. I can bring these skills and a passion for language education to improve your spoken English and comprehension of the English Language.
A reduced rate of £15 per hour is available for groups of 4 individual students or more. (Max. 10)
Changes in schedule must be made are possible but must be agreed upon within 12 hours of the originally agreed upon schedule.
Notice of cancellation for individual lessons must be given at least 24 hours before the appointed time. If this policy is not met, the client must pay the agreed fee.
In the case of block bookings, more flexibility is available. Half of the agreed fee must be paid at the start of the course as a deposit. This deposit is not refundable in the case of cancellation of the course. The second half of the payment is made in two instalments, at an agreed upon half-way stage and at the end of the final lesson.
Further clarification is available by contacting me at the advertised email address.
University of Birmingham, Birmingham (UK) MRes; History of Art 25/09/2017- Ongoing
TeFL UK 120 Hours Course (Online)
Cardiff University, Cardiff (UK) BA; German and Italian (2:1) 01/10/2012-07/06/2016
Università di Pavia, Pavia (Italy) Roman Cartography and Geography, History of Art, Medieval History (Intro), Italian Language 03/2015-07/2015
Coleg Gwent, Crosskeys College (UK) A-Level; German, History, Spanish, English Literature (B,B,C,D) 01/10/2010-06/2012
Newbridge School, Newbridge (UK) GCSE; English, Mathematics, Science (Double Award), History, Geography, German, Italian, ICT 09/2005 – 07/2010
Translator / Proof-reader / Post-Editor, Freelance – 06/2016 – Current
• Providing volunteer translations for the online news website Café Babel, the human rights organisation Humanium and the multi-disciplinary humanitarian organisation, Translators Without Boarders
• Producing translations for agencies on various subjects, including; product information (Retail), human resources, technical translations, children’s literature, research papers and general medical and legal translations
• Conducting translations between German/Italian and English (UK/US)
• Proofreading and editing translations and other documents
• Managing complex workloads to meet deadlines and hit personal targets
• Producing clear and accurate translations efficiently, using established term bases and constructing my own
• Developing subject knowledge in new areas to apply specialist language in various sectors
• Applying my existing knowledge from my educational and career background and interests to produce topic relevant and accurate translations
• Developing proficiency in translation software (SDL Trados and Memsource)
Language Assistant, British Council, Maroltingergasse, Vienna  (Part-Time) – 01/10/2016-31/05/2017
• Working closely with teachers during classroom activities
• Supervising group work, supporting individual students and providing personal insight
• Producing and delivering lessons tailored to different classes, age groups and abilities
• Organising conversation classes with small groups of students in preparation for exams and to develop spoken English skills
• Students in my classes were from a variety of backgrounds, with various levels of German and English skills. This meant extra attention had to be payed to ensure all levels were catered for with the ultimate aim of ensuring that all students had a solid proficiency in English
• Developing teaching and behavioural management methods to control the classroom and create an environment that allows for personal and educational development
• Improving time-management skills by dividing a strict timetable between two schools in separate parts of the city
• Growing organisational qualities when communicating between colleagues and students to organise conversation classes and lesson plans
• Improving my cultural awareness through exposure to people from various backgrounds
Language Assistant, British Council, Oberschützen, Burgenland (Austria)  (Part-Time) – 01/10/2014-07/02/2015
• Working closely with teachers in the classroom
• Producing and delivering lessons in English on various subjects related to the English language and British culture
• Teaching additional subjects (History, Geography and Biology) in English
• Organising and leading conversation classes with small groups and 1:1
• Supervising students during a school trip to Vienna
• Experiencing teaching assistant’s duties and developing within the role
• Developing techniques for supporting students and managing classrooms
Teaching Assistant, Garnteg Primary School, Abersychan, Pontypool [NP4 7SJ] (Volunteer) – 04/2011 – 07/2017
• Supervising classroom activities by providing support during group activities
• Working with children with additional learning and behavioural needs to support them in class
• Participating in extra-curricular activities, such as school fayres
• Providing assistance to classroom teachers by supporting students and joining in activities
• Understanding how to assist in classroom activities and to work with children in need of additional support
• Exposure to basic cash handling when supervising stalls at school fayres
• Organising and preparing materials for events and classroom activities
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£175||£200|