After making an initial assessment of ability in the first lesson, I design a course tailored to the needs and abilities of the student. We will practise Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing in each topic we cover, as well as Grammar-focused lessons that are applied to the relevant context. GCSE and A-Level study will be focused around the syllabus provided by the exam board, using a mixture of my own material and material provided to enhance the effectiveness of the lesson.
To increase oral fluency, I encourage the student to speak as much of the target language as possible during our sessions. In this manner, I am also able to correct their grammar, use of vocabulary and pronunciation through the lesson and plan further sessions based around any repetitive errors.
Homework tasks to complete between sessions will be assigned to consolidate new concepts and vocabulary before moving onto a new topic. These tasks will be designed around the student's interests and responsibilities.
I am a student studying German and Spanish language at the University of York. I have a year's experience teaching abroad in Germany Spain and I am TEFL qualified. I have taught students of all ages and abilities in a one-to-one environment in a diverse range of subjects.
If you cancel our session less than 24 hours before it is scheduled, you will not be refunded. If you cancel 3 sessions consecutively and have not already paid for multiple hours upfront, I will no longer be available to tutor you.
TEFL Trainer Course at Bulldog Languages, Madrid (March 2017-July 2017)
- Completed a TEFL qualification with students of all ages and abilities
- Gained competence in diagnosing individual learning difficulties, specifically in Spanish-speakers, when learning English as a Foreign Language
- Adapted the lessons to suit the needs of specific students in a one-to-one environment
University of York (2014-2019)
- BA (Hons) German and Spanish Language (with a year abroad)
- Developed proficiency in German and Spanish
- Improved interpersonal communication skills during seminars, as well as other transferable skills like presentational skills, research, multicultural and political awareness
- Increased subject knowledge in English Language, Linguistics and TEFL.
Ryburn Valley High School (2012-2014)
- A-levels: German (B), Maths (B), Biology (C), General Studies (C)
- AS-levels: Chemistry (C)
- GCSEs: German (A*), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A), Maths (A), Statistics (A), English Literature (A), English Language (A), Graphic Design (B), Art (B), General Studies (B)
Language Assistant with the British Council in Grundschule Gauerbach, Germany (September 2016 – February 2017)
- Planned, prepared, and delivered English lessons to children between the ages of 6-11, as well as created teaching materials for the school’s use
- Developed skills such as lesson-planning, time management and leadership
- Organised an English club and following events, such as a Christmas performance that was delivered in English
- Managed my own project for the children alongside my regular duties as an ambassador with UK German Connection
- Used a range of teaching methods within the classroom to enhance learning and manage classroom behaviour
York Students in Schools placement in SEN department, Fulford School, York (October 2015 - December 2015)
- Assisted students with a variety of different learning difficulties and behavioural problems
- Encouraged integration between students with special educational needs and the rest of the class, overall contributing to my understanding and rapport with the students
Various teaching observations and experience (voluntary), Halifax and York (2012-2018)
- Shadowed staff members and made observations of any teaching strategies used within the classroom
- Worked closely with the teachers to develop and carry out interesting lesson activities at a primary school level
GCSE Maths and Chemistry Tutor (2012-2014)
- One-on-one tutoring with Year 11 students during one-hour sessions which I planned and delivered.
Skills and Achievements:
Cofounder, current president, and former treasurer of the German Society
- Played a key role in the promotion of the German Society during my university’s Freshers Fair and throughout the academic year
- Worked together with the committee to create and distribute promotional material
- Responsible for social media accounts and other forms of outreach
- Maintained committee enthusiasm and acted as spokesperson for the society at events
- Developed leadership skills and delegated tasks to other committee members when appropriate
Reading Leaders Qualification with Reading Matters
- Identified and diagnosed reading difficulties in pupils 14 and below
- Planned and selected appropriate resources for the reader and their corresponding level for one-hour sessions
- Worked one-to-one with the pupil to build self-esteem as well as improve their reading skills
Senior Student Position at Ryburn Valley High School Sixth form
- Acted as representative for the Sixth Form within the school and local community
- Involved in the interviewing process for candidates of various teaching positions where I conducted informal interviews whilst giving them a tour of the facilities.
General Tutoring at Primary and Secondary Level
- Assist younger siblings in understanding a wide range of subjects as well as aiding them to complete homework tasks i.e. Spanish, Maths and Triple Science.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office programmes
- 5 years’ experience in playing the ukulele
- Table-top roleplaying games
- Designing and producing commissions of artwork as a hobby
Available on request
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||£80||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||£150||Not available||£200|