Creativity is, I believe, part of each individual; it just needs working out in different ways. I am qualified and capable of teaching all levels of drum kit (beginner-advanced) and beginner level guitar/ukelele. My approach is one of understanding; some people will and do need structured lesson plans where we divide the lesson up into clear and easy-to-navigate paths, and others require the freedom and space to find their way through a task/material. It is so important to me that the student feels empowered through making creative decisions of his or her own.
I am a jazz/funk drummer in a local band with a First Class Music Degree, and have 4 years' experience teaching individual drum kit and guitar lessons as a freelancer, leading students towards grade exams and/or final performances. I conducted a Youth Band through monthly sessions towards a public performance and have assisted in music workshops for Young Carers in the UK, led percussion workshops in Peru, and given group guitar lessons to SEN children and young people in Colombia.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
BA (Hons) Music: 1st-class Honours, Graduated July 2015
Child Protection Training
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
A levels: Music (C), Communication & Culture (B), Photography (C)
AS level: History (C)
GCSEs: 11 including English Literature & Language (A,A) and Mathematics (B)
January 2016-Current (ad-hoc): Part time self employed Drum teacher
• Teaching young people from 1:1 lessons at homes through to teaching groups of 2-5 drummers at schools with The Rock Project, Bristol.
September 2017-June 2018: Travel/volunteer trip
• Various ‘Workaway’ projects supporting local families and small businesses through cooking, gardening, childcare, administration and marketing. Coming alongside charities/NGOs, supporting through English and music workshops, photography, marketing and fundraising.
January 2016-July 2017: Bristol Hospital Education Service, Inclusion Worker
• Supporting young people who are not able to cope in mainstream education through mentoring, assisting in lessons, outreach trips and activities and communication with the whole family.
January 2016-May 2017: Freedom Bath and Bristol, Part-Time Church Youth Worker
• Leading bible study sessions on a Sunday, leading youth band, running small group or one-to-one mentoring sessions, and helping at youth social events and camps.
September 2015-December 2015: ICS Tearfund, Bolivia, Full-time Volunteer with Paz y Esperanza
• Being part of a small team of varying cultures and languages, planning, discussing and delivering ideas. Running a series of workshops on leadership with 5-18 year old hard-to-reach children and bringing awareness to local people about the large amounts of violence that occurs in their communities and ways to prevent it.
2010-January 2016: Organ Designs, Part-time Assistant (Holiday work)
● Working in close partnership within a skilled instrument renovation and tuning business
June 2013- July 2014: Education First, Full-time Local Teacher and Local Leader
● Individually preparing and taking several classes of 15-20 students, teaching English to a variety of levels and abilities; planning and taking students on tours and excursions in Winchester, Canterbury and London
May 2012-August 2012: Thornton Road Primary School, South Africa, Full-time Volunteer Teacher
● Care of a Grade 5 class alongside another teacher, working with children of varying levels of English ability and social backgrounds. Amazing educational cultural experience.
Member of Bath Phil ‘music in action’ team, running occasional music practitioning workshops for young carers.
Founder, organiser, and drummer in five-piece funk band, performing across the South West of England
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest drum lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, percussion lessons for all!
Taking jazz drumming lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£25||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£22||Not available|