I am Head of Psychology at a local college, and have been undertaking private tuition for five years.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
A level Psychology, Access Psychology .
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• MSc Teaching of Psychology
• Hons Psychology (BPS recognised), 2/1
• PGCE ( Life long learning Sector)
• Award in Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector QCA Ref 500/2005/5 Level 4
• OCR NVQ Assessor award D30/31
- How much do you charge?
£30 per hour, prefer two hour sessions and would want the tuttee to travel to me, although Skype lessons are feasible.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home, and it takes twenty mins to get to me from Bedford, Northampton, Wellingborough or Milton Keynes.
- When are you available?
Most days after 4pm, and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach A level, so 16-18 generally.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am very IT literate so can easily do Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I focus on teaching exam skills and following the exam specification closely. I have experience examining so I have an indepth knowledge of what's required to get top grades.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Experience in teaching Psychology at A level, and Access. Tuition at A level, and degree level. Head of Psychology, with examiner experience.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I do have an up to date DBS as I teach sixteen year olds at college.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• British Psychological Society Graduate Member 225820
• Institute of Learning Affiliate Member AB056610
• Affiliate member of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors
• BSc (Hons) Psychology
• CPsychol Chartered psychologist
One of the most invaluable things about Carey is not only that currently teaches A Level Psychology but she is also an A2 AQA examiner. So Carey quickly gets her students to think like an examiner when answering questions. With Skype it doesn't matter where you live in the country, you can have a great tutor and there is no travelling for either party! Carey is obviously an incredibly organised and dedicated tutor. My daughter and I are so grateful we found her and are completely indebted to her. Grade A
Invaluable help and materials that I wouldn't have got through the exam without. Exceptionally prompt in marking and replies to all of my queries. I got an A overall with an average of 91%, something that would not have been achieved without Carey.Achieved grade A*
After just two sessions, my daughter is full of confidence regarding her studies. Carey's teaching methods really seem to take into account the strengths of the students, building on that when introducing more challenging topics.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|