I am an enthusiastic, highly experienced and qualified specialist A-level sociology and government & politics teacher .
I am an A level examiner for unit 3 of AQA A level Sociology (in other words I mark A level exam scripts).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Sociology, Government and Politics (political ideology)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
My main qualifications are BA (Hons) 2(1); PGCE, MA (Ed) with distinction.
- How much do you charge?
£30/hour for A level
For university students and two or more students I charge £35 per session.
£5 travel cost unless local to N3
- Where do you teach?
I only teach at students' homes or at an appropriate venue such as a public library. I teach in the North and central London area, extending north to Watford and adjacent suburbs.
- When are you available?
I am currently only available on Wednesday evening and possibly weekends, owing to unprecedented demand. I am available during the day during the spring holiday period.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach year 12 and 13 and degree level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for AS and A level exams, and offer degree students help with assessed essays and dissertations
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have experience with online tutoring using skype for degree students at university.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My aim is to provide stimulating and engaging tuition that is focused on the explicit needs and goals of the student.
I provide additional up-to-date resources including those not yet in text books, which makes the subject particularly relevant and also impresses when used in the exam!
I go over work the student has done and see where improvements can be made, and I am willing to set and mark additional questions according to the student's wishes and needs.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over 30 years teaching Sociology mainly at A level in state and private sector; AQA A level examiner (unit 3); I continue to teach A level sociology.
I also tutor and teach A level Government and Politics
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I did my professional training at Manchester University.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I belong to the ATSS.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I currently teach students at a large London college.
• BA Hons (2:1)
• PGCE; MA (Ed) prize awarded
• I have a current DBS enhanced status (formerly CRB)
• I am a serving teacher and member of the ATL
sociology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|