My teaching methodology is based upon tried and tested methods I have succeeded in throughout my school career! I enjoy a variety of methods (such as presentations, one-on-one coaching, quizzes and practise questions) to stimulate interest and encourage extra learning and development.
I am an A level student who is enthusiastic about my subjects and am going to study Classics at Durham University this year. I received 7 A*'s at GCSE (including in English and Classics) and 3 A's. I am currently predicted 3 A*'s at A level.
Cancellations must be at least 48 hours in advance or the lesson charge will still be added to the bill. No additional costs will be added for travel.
I am a motivated and professional person, I will sit my A-Levels in June 2018. I am predicted excellent grades in my subjects and am looking to attend University this year to study Classics; my studies will include the learning of Latin. I am the current Junior Club Captain at Staines Boat Club, involving both training and competing for the club in rowing but also in their coaching scheme. For the last three years I have trained for 12-14 hours per week and have competed at various competitions including singles, doubles, pairs, quads, fours, eights and octuples. The sport of rowing had given me invaluable skills which I am able to transfer to all aspects of my life. I am also a PADI qualified scuba diver and have dived several times in Mexico. I completed the Advanced course at Chepstow in order to improve my skills in this sport.
Education and Qualifications
Farnborough Hill School
312 Farnborough Rd, Farnborough, GU14 8AT
• Classical Civilisation – A*
• Physical Education – A*
• English Language – A*
• Spanish – A*
• Additional Science – A*
• Religious Education – A*
• History – A*
• Mathematics – A
• English Literature – A
• Science – A
A-LEVEL PREDICTED GRADES:
• Classical Civilisation – A*
• English Literature – A*
• Psychology – A*
• Problem solving skills
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations given during my time at school. Rowing coaching has also helped me develop an ability to communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds in quite stress situations.
• Ability to take the initiative and work well under pressure, ensuring strict deadlines are met. This is successfully demonstrated by my ability to complete my assignments on time whilst also contending with my rowing commitments.
• Flexibility, whilst maintaining enthusiasm and commitment
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Being able to work in a team, through sport I have developed an understanding of the value of team work, both contributing and relying on others to get a project done and working for a common goal.
• Through both school and sport, I have learned time management, organisation, motivation of myself and others as well as determination, also how to celebrate success and learn from failure
Experience and other qualifications
- Rowing volunteering coaching for both juniors and adults
- Charity rowing coaching for underprivileged children
- Head of Year 7 role at school
- Classics prefect at school
- Organised a whole school fun run in aid of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
- I have a full driving licence with my own car
Mr Craig McCready
Head of Sixth Form at Farnborough Hill School
Email - (concealed information)
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||Not available|