I provide lessons for A level, Undergraduate and Masters level students in the subject areas of illustration, painting, printmaking,installation art, English Language and Literature.
As a tutor I aim to encourage and inspire my students to reach their full potential. I use a variety of online resources and textual material that students will be able to access outside of my lessons, as well as worksheets for each lesson, skype sessions and practical workshops. I also plan editing lessons for students when they feel they need a helping hand in analysing their coursework.
Working as an arts Ambassador for the university, creating tutorials and volunteering as a workshop assistant for three years gave me the opportunity to teach various age groups. This has inspired me to pursue a career in teaching and private tuition. I provided tutorials for groups of twenty prospective University students in the Arts, as well as providing tutoring on a one to one basis.
I have worked with children as an arts assistant and as a drama workshop facilitator, as well as providing advice to university level students.
I have provided tuition advice for student's Masters proposals, one student of which received a £2000 scholarship to Cardiff University as a result of my tuition and editing advice.
My rates my vary depending upon travel expenses.
I am a graduate with a passion to teach and inspire others through my specialist knowledge in both Art and English. Working as an arts Ambassador for the university, creating tutorials and volunteering as a workshop assistant gave me the opportunity to teach various age groups. This has inspired me to pursue a career in teaching.
2015- Sept 2016 Aberystwyth University
Masters English Literature: Eighteenth Century Writing and
2012-2015 Aberystwyth University
BA Joint (Hons) Fine Art and English Literature
Literary Theory and Reading Theory
Research Skills in English studies
Nineteenth and twentieth century British literature
MA Dissertation: ‘Framing the Gothic: the relationship
Literary Portraiture and Art in 'The Castle of Otranto',' The
Mysteries of Udolpho' and 'The Vampyre.'
2009-2012 Newcastle Emlyn and Aberaeron Secondary school
A Levels: English Literature (C), Drama (C)
A Levels: Fine Art (B), Welsh Baccalureate (A)
GCSEs: Fine Art (A*) Welsh Language (A*) English Literature (A)
Mathematics (C) Science (C) English Language (C)
IT Competent use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Full Clean Driving Licence
Resident Tutor, Aberystwyth University, 2015-2016
• Worked one-on-one with students from a variety of backgrounds, providing support for a range of issues from course work difficulties, accommodation and mental health problems to homesickness.
• Working as a Resident Tutor involved liaising with line managers and staff and sign posting students to the relevant student support for their individual needs, as well as providing out of hours cover.
• Collaborating with both staff and students enabled me to improve my communication skills and my ability to work as part of a team in order to solve issues within the role of student support.
Academic Ambassador, Aberystwyth University, School of Art and English Department, 2013-2015
• Enhanced my organisational skills through preparing and conducting sample tutorials as part of the Art department open days.
• Being an Academic Ambassador helped me to improve my communication skills with the public and students.
• Provided in depth advice to students about the academic events of the English department and an overview of the course material which myself and the institute specialised in.
Teaching Work Experience 2 weeks, Aberaeron and Newcastle Emlyn Secondary School, June 2014
• Experienced class management in teaching English language, literature and art at secondary school level up to A Level.
• Assisting pupils in the class under the supervision of a trained teacher, giving me the opportunity to experience a class environment and teaching processes.
Workshop Assistant at International Company Small World Theatre, Cardigan, June 2011 – August 2013
• Assisting in Arts and drama based workshops with children of all abilities, including adults.
• Teaching children and adults how to make craft items, often in outdoor environments such as parks and beaches. This has required both excellent team work and communication skills between myself and staff in order to keep the children entertained and supervised at all times.
Archiving Internship, Aberystwyth University, August 2015- September 2015
• Working as part of a team to decipher letters in the archive that were difficult to read or in another language enabled me to improve my ability to work in a team.
• A part of the role comprised of necessary training in preparing me for work in Higher Education, some of which involved training in the creation of University webpages.
Academic Representative 2012-2015
• The role involved working together as a team to discuss ways in which the department could be improved , how students could be better supported and how the University's marking and coursework criteria could be refined.
• Being an Academic Representative enabled me to improve my communication skills through working as part of a team and problem solving, which helped me to present myself in front of others when discussing issues.
Stephanie and I are both a student from Aberystwyth School of Art and Design, and we have taken classes together for three years.
During the time as an international student from overseas, I found myself hard to make accurate of my word in terms of my writing, and were struggle a lot to convey my understanding to my reader with English as my second language; and hence I gotten to know Stephanie as she was willing to offer me with support, not only academically and personally.
Stephanie is a pleasure to work with because of her pleasant and positive attitude, which we always needed within a stressful environment. Therefore with her relentless motivation, I believe Stephanie will bring joy and skills to your lesson and life.
comic strips lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|