I teach undergraduate and postgraduate mainly. The lesson structure is usually based on the topics that the student wish to cover or going over any courseworks/assignments. My approach is to first go over a topic (for example) for the purpose of understanding, then decipher all the main elements and concepts (including summary of key cases and judgments), followed by mind-mapping/charting.
I am enthusiastic about law and I enjoy teaching by tailoring my methods to the needs of each students.
I have been tutoring for over a year and have taught 6 students due to my tight schedules. Most of my students achieved 2:1 at degree level. I also gave lessons to postgraduate students on their dissertation (going over structures, content and proofreading).
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to cope under pressure – last minute change, strong work ethic and desire to succeed
• Strong problem solving skills and time management skills to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively work unsupervised and as part of a team
• Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills
• Fluent in English, Malay and Indonesian
June 2017 – September 2017 Legal Assistant at Siti Nor and Partners (Malaysian Firm)
• Liaising with clients and various contacts
• Holding a supervised conference with clients and drafted client care letters
• Drafted commercial contracts (shareholder’s agreements) under the supervision of solicitors
• Dealt with conveyancing transactions such as filling application forms
• Filing documents for court
• Handled timing and logistics of meetings and appointments
• Formatting documents
• Completed complex administrative tasks under pressure within a set short deadline
July 2015 – August 2015/ Intern at Siti Nor and Partners
August 2016 – September 2016 (Malaysian Firm)
● Researched and made case comments
● Made follow-ups with clients
● Assigned to do clerical work
● Supervised drafting work
● Translated legal documents from English to Malay a
● Verbal translation in client and lawyer meetings
December 2016 Mini Pupil at Trinity Chambers (Newcastle, UK)
• Shadowed employment and criminal barristers at the chambers.
• Observed and took notes of court hearings
• Carried out legal research using Lexis Nexis and West Law.
• Researched and Prepared client’s case to provide a legal opinion for the criminal barrister.
December 2016 Mini Pupil at Coram Chambers (London, UK)
• Shadowed a barrister at the chambers
• Carried out legal research and prepared case summaries
• Conducted client interviews under the supervision of a solicitor
• Analysed strengths and weaknesses of each documents
June 2011 - September 2011 Intern at The Edge (Magazine Company) (Malaysia).
• Wrote an issue for a lifestyle column
• Reorganized the issues of the magazines
• Organized layouts for the issue of the month
• Printed any supplementary notes as required and completed professional errands
September 2016 – June 2017 Member of Social Committee and Personal Representatives at
• Organised events; Cinema night, Law Ball, Law Journal
• Worked with professors and students to improve the learning experience
• Attended Staff Student Liaison Committee meetings to discuss if any improvements were required and addressed any issues students raised
• Demonstrated effective time-management by juggling with university workload
September 2016 – Ongoing Law Tutor (Flexible hours)
• Tutoring law students ranging from A Levels to undergraduate/postgraduate university students (A-levels, LLB, BPTC)
• Developed professional relationships with students
• Tailoring my teaching of law to the differing needs and understanding of each student
● Volunteered at the RSPCA (2012) in Malaysia
● Participated in the Bar Pro-Bono Unit (2013) – Raised funds through bake sale
● Participated in a university moot (2013) – Improved advocacy skills and developed better analytical skills
● Went to Vietnam for volunteering work (2011; 2016) – Taught English to the less abled kids and helped repainted and improved the facilities of the school
● City Buddy at City University London (2014 – 2016) – Welcomed new law students, provided and assisted about the course and extra-curricular activities
Education & Training
2018 – 2019 City, University of London
LLM (Maritime Law) (current)
2016 – 2017 City, University of London
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) – Very Competent
Outstanding in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Very Competent in Civil
Litigation, Criminal Litigation, Conference Skills, Civil Advocacy and
2013 – 2016 City, University of London
LLB (Hons) Law – 2:1
2012 - 2013 Kolej Tuanku Jaafar (KTJ), Malaysia
A -levels (English Literature (A), Mathematics (B), History (B)
2010 - 2012 Australian International School Malaysia
O-Levels (Maths: Band 4; English Literature: Band 5; Science: Band 5;
History Band 5; Geography: Band 5; Photography: Band 4; Business
Studies: band 5; Malaysian Studies: Band 5)
criminal law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest public law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bar professional training course lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£35|
|5 hours||Not available||£175||£175|
|10 hours||Not available||£330||£350|