I am a mobile DJ and have a portable set up so teaching can happen in the comfort of your own home! (I also have a home space to teach in should you wish to do so).
I specialise in beginner classes and take a very practical approach. The student will finish the lessons by recording 1 or more mixes!
Classes will progress with the following steps (subject to change due to pace of learning and desire to practice before recording)
1. Understanding skill level and experience of individual (if any)
2. Identify prefered music style (I have a range of music in my collection so this can be used even if the student is unsure of their musical preference)
3. Fundamentals of mixing - beatmatching, song structures
1. Practice fundamentals including different tempos
2. Explore use of looping to mix
3. Explore use of different effects to modify audio
1. Use of keys to optimise mixing between songs.
2. Use of samples to personalise own mixes
3. Generate playlist for own mix
1. Practice all skills and techniques
2. Generate own 15-30 min mix to keep!
1. Review previous mix
2. Generate own 30-45 min mix to keep!
I am a University Graduate and have had a passion for music since I can remember. I have taught many people how to DJ with my greatest experience being in teaching those aged between 6 and 16 yrs old, although I have taught most age groups. At a summer camp I worked at recently (Camp Manitou, Canada) I was the Head of the Music Department where I gained most of my DJ/Music production teaching experience.
I can travel within Renfrewshire and Glasgow (Paisley based) and have a full portable DJ set up (you don't need anything to get started!)
Head of Music - Camp Manitou
- 200hrs experience teaching 6-16 year olds.
- Recording of dozens of mixes for students to take home.
- A fun empathetic approach to ensure the student enjoys every moment!
- I have performed multiple gigs professionally whether it be for club nights, private parties where the genre of music can change drastically.
Amazing tutor and incredibly talented DJ. Andrew has years of experience in playing the drums, guitar and keyboard which lend to his excellent knowledge of music. Really patient and adapts his teaching style to the student!
Andrew is an amazing teacher. He is really patient and I learned so much when we tried out djing! I would absolutely recommend Andrew!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|