Lauren can train the voice and musicianship of anyone of any age and with a variety of experience. Whether you wish to pursue singing as a hobby or want to develop your existing skills as a professional performer, Lauren is equipped to help you find and maintain your voice.
work at your speed
With a friendly, fun and holistic approach, Lauren works at your speed with technique (breathing, support and placement) and also, if they want, works with students to improve basic piano, guitar, theory, performance and songwriting skills.
private | group | bands
Lauren does private lessons, group lessons, online lessons, and even coaches bands who want to work together in a more cohesive way.
I'm a qualified vocal coach, and have also been teaching beginner-intermediate piano for ten years, teaching privately as I'm self employed. I teach all ages - my youngest student being 5 and my oldest to date is 81. I am a full time musician too - jazz singer, and singer-songwriter with 2 original albums under my belt (so far)! I love teaching and performing, so I'm very lucky they go hand in hand!
I can do a deal if you buy more than one lesson at a time!
Self-Employed Vocal Coach/Music Teacher & Freelance Musician
2005 – current
• Organisation and project management – extensive administrative and organisational requirements
around venues, key members, participants and dissemination of information around events
• Vocal coach/music teacher – teaching and planning weekly lessons and exercises for my regular
students aged 5 – 85 years; Vocalist at festivals, corporate events, functions, restaurants & bars
• Composer and arranger; Sound set up technician; Management of performances
• Teach voice, basic piano and guitar, music theory, song-writing and performance skills.
Singer/Entertainer for Healthy Generations (Registered Charity)
August 2016 – September 2017
• Singing and playing guitar in day centres, care homes and learning/day centres for people with autism,
dementia, learning difficulties and mental health problems.
PA/Admin Assistant, ScaleUp Institute, 101 Euston Road, London, NW1 2RA
July 2016 – April 2017 (working for Irene Graham - former senior banker at Standard Chartered Bank/Managing Director at BBA)
• Using Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Eventbrite, Mailchimp
• Editing and sending out the weekly newsletter
• Running errands for employer •
Vocal Coach at Independent Music Academy, Bowen Hills, Qld, Australia
2009 - 9 months
Personal Assistant, Craigscore Music and Treasure House Music
• Core team support
• Complete diary management
• Managing invoices including payment and issuing of such
• Responsibility of office equipment and stock
• Accountability for checking and issuing deliveries
• Looking after children under 1, or over 5.
• Under 1 - Changing diapers, keeping baby happy, cleaning house.
• Over 5 - Teaching English, Picking children up from school, making afternoon tea, helping with
homework, playing games, House duties – cleaning, washing, making food.
Post Graduate Certificate in Vocal Pedagogy (Vocal Coaching) 2011
Certificate IV in Business Management 2010
Certificate II in Composing Music for Screen and Arranging for Orchestra
Southbank Institute of TAFE 2004 AAA Nannying Certificate 2003 Year 10 certificate 2000
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking acoustic guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|