I believe in keeping things simple. Mathematics is often considered by many to be tough, but with the right methods, the concepts are not difficult to understand. My main aim will be to ensure that students develop a deep understanding of mathematical concepts. I encourage students to ask questions throughout my class and strive to be flexible based on the individual student's needs.
I am currently a final year BSc Management student at the London School of Economics. I have pursued Mathematics and Further Mathematics in A-levels and attained an A* in both subjects. I strive to ensure that my students perform to the best of their abilities and I am willing to put in the hard yards to ensure they do.
Students of all age groups will be charged a flat rate of £20/lesson. If the student would like to cancel a scheduled lesson, he/she must do so atleast 24 hours in advance or else a 50% cancellation fee (i.e. £10) will be charged.
London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc Management (Sep 2016 - present)
• First year (First Class Honours, with an aggregate score of 75.5%): Elements of Financial Accounting (98%), Quantitative Methods; Statistics (81%) and Quantitative Methods; Mathematics (76%). Second year: Finance (76%), Marketing (72%) and Information Systems (67%).
The John Lyon School (Sep 2014 – Jul 2016)
• A-level: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), Extended Project Qualification (A*), Economics (A) and Chemistry (A).
• Awarded multiple prizes during my A-level course including a Sixth Form Academic Scholarship (to recognise top 10% performing students in the year) and academic prizes in Further Mathematics, Chemistry and Economics.
06/2018-08/2018 J.P. Morgan (Summer Internship) London, UK
• Assigned to the Equities team in Valuation Control Group (VCG), responsible for independent valuation of trading assets.
• Responsible for writing a daily and weekly markets commentary summarising major macroeconomic events and spot price movements for stocks in which the bank has the greatest exposure.
• Assisted senior management in devising long-term strategies for an internal business transformation project.
07/2017-09/2017 SaturnF1 (Work experience) London, UK
• Was responsible for setting up an engaging e-learning programme with the aim of attracting qualified participants and converting them into engaged users for the newly launched Apollo Tyres website. Developed and launched courses on Tyre Regrooving and Tyre Rotation.
• Developed strategy for marketing the website and courses to prospective clients, which resulted in increased brand awareness.
• Identified relevant themes and topics such as Tyre Maintenance, Ideal Practices and Basic Tyre Literacy based on research and meetings with senior technical experts in Apollo, and through analysing data sets from marketing and sales teams.
06/2017-06/2017 KPMG (Work experience and shadowing) London, UK
• Conducted financial analyses using stockbroker reports for listed pharmaceutical companies including Novartis and Astra Zeneca.
• Helped identify possible valuation work opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry through extensive research on the pharma market and KPMG’s client data set.
• Gained an understanding of the nature of work involved in valuations and corporate finance, appreciating the process from conception to execution.
07/2015-07/2015 Barclays PLC (Work Shadowing) London, UK
• Developed an understanding of different functions (i.e. relationship management, FX trading, payment systems) within the bank’s Corporate Banking division and understood how they interact with one another to achieve objectives.
• Prepared a presentation for Barclays outlining prospective overseas clients.
• Researched and produced a presentation on the Indian economy to Barclays Asia division, outlining challenges faced by the economy and the expected business climate under the newly elected government in India.
03/2017-03/2018 Vice President/Treasurer, LSE SU India Forum
• Co-lead a team of 13 people to manage, plan and organise the largest India-focused student-run conference in the UK consisting of panel discussions and keynote speeches by stalwarts in Politics, Finance, Sports, Business and Entertainment.
• Raised £50,000 from 4 multinational companies to fund a 450-delegate conference.
03/2017-03/2018 Treasurer, LSE SU India Society
• Managed approximately £20,000 in the society’s account, overlooked expenditure activities and ensured financial compliance.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|