I believe that students are best able to learn by speaking and using the language. I like to get to know my students well and have fun in our lessons so that we can feel relaxed, have a chat, and create even more opportunities for learning!
Meanwhile, I also cater my lessons to my students' needs and wants. If you prefer grammar practice - let's do it! If you want to focus on writing emails - no problem! In our first lesson we can discuss how you like to learn, and I will plan my lessons according to your needs.
I have been teaching English since 2013 and have worked in France, Italy, Sri Lanka and at universities (teaching international students) in the UK. I love travelling and getting to know students from all around the world!
I am experienced in the following and can offer:
General English (A1-C2)
Conversation, speaking and pronunciation practice
Academic English - eg. essay writing, university reading and writing
English for Exams (especially FCE, CAE and IELTS)
I have recently completed my Master's degree from King's College London in Applied Linguistics.
King’s College London, UK: July 2020 – September 2020
- Delivering English for Academic Purposes classes to students on a 6-week pre-sessional course in a fully online learning format.
- Use of Zoom, Teams and FlipGrid.
The language Web, London, UK January 2019 – July 2020
- Teaching B2, FCE and CAE classes to small groups of learners working as au pairs in London.
- Conducting online teaching using Zoom; making use of online tools such as Quizlet, Google Forms, and Google Docs.
University of Swansea, UK
July 2019 – September 2019
- Delivering English for Academic Prpise classes to students on a 10-week pre-sessional course.
- Marking weekly assignments and essays and providing detailed written and oral feedback to help students improve.
- Use of Blackboard, OneDrive, My Grammar Lab and Outlook.
British Council, Colombo, Sri Lanka October 2018 – May 2019
- Teaching English (25 hours per week) to young learners (6-12 years old), teenagers (16-17) and adults.
- Planning and preparing lessons from New English File, Kid’s Box, Family and Friends, Wider World and the British Council’s Storyworld and Spoken English series.
Education First Executive, Cambridge, UK August 2018
Business English Teacher
- Teaching Business English in 1:1 lessons. Tailoring lessons to individual clients.
- Conducting needs analyses and writing end-of-course reports.
Studio Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
July 2018 – August 2018
English Teacher and Supervisor
- Teaching English to international teenagers aged 16-19.
International House, Palermo, Italy September 2016 – June 2018
- Teaching English to young learners (from 6-12 years old), teenagers (13-16) and adults.
- Preparing and planning lessons from New English File, Headway, Kid’s Box, Hotspot and Insight.
- Leading conversation evenings for students at a local pub, as well as informal speaking sessions within the school.
- Planning and leading a weekly book club for Elementary, Intermediate and Upper-Int/Advanced learners.
St Clare’s College, Oxford, UK
July 2016 – August 2016; July 2017 – August 2017
- Teaching English to teenagers aged 15-17 at an Oxford summer school.
Les Petits Bilingues, Reunion Island January 2016 – June 2016
- Teaching English to young learners, teenagers and adults.
- Observing new and inexperienced teachers and providing teaching coaching sessions.
- Administrative tasks: designing a database to record new teacher observations and progress.
International House Cape Town, South Africa November 2015
- Teaching English to Elementary and Intermediate classes of adult students from the DRC, Angola and Libya.
Fraaisig Primary School and Wonderland Preschool, Knysna, South Africa October 2015
Volunteer teacher – Edge of Africa
- Helping preschool children aged 5-6 with English skills, numeracy and creative activities.
Université Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France
September 2013 – August 2015
Lectrice – English Teacher
- Teaching Scientific English to mixed-level classes of 8-30 Francophone university students.
- Working with colleagues to create and prepare original materials, syllabi and tests.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking cambridge first certificate fce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£35|
|5 hours||Not available||£180||£175|
|10 hours||Not available||£320||£350|