I like to begin by having a preliminary chat to discuss what areas you are having issues with. This helps me to plan tutoring sessions based on your needs. I will prepare problems based upon the preliminary chat and go through them with you and provide you with similar problems to try on your own. These can be sent to me at anytime and I will provide you with feedback at our next session. As you become more confident with these problems I like to show you real world situations where these skills are used.
Some physical concepts are difficult to grasp and I find that talking about the topic really helps with your understanding. I have a lot of experience using physics skills gained at A-Level and GCSE in experiments and can answer any questions you have about these topics. Depending on the topic I like to have you write a short piece or prepare a short talk about the topic, therefore I can provide you with feedback to help improve your understanding.
I'm always open to tailoring my sessions to your needs, so I always encourage you to give me feedback.
I have a Master's degree in Photonic Integration and Advanced Data Storage and a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in Natural Sciences and have been using the mathematical skills gained during my education to investigate the physics of thermoplasmonics, a new and upcoming field in physics. This has given me the opportunity to work alongside various industry partners and observe how skills in mathematics and physics are used in real world situations.
I have experience explaining complex ideas in a clear and simple manner to audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
I am an enthusiastic Physics graduate with a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Natural Science and a Master’s degree in photonic integration and advanced data storage. I possess relevant professional experience gained through cooperation with industry partners. I have knowledge of a wide range of physical concepts and strong mathematical skills. I have experience using software packages to prepare presentations, analyse and display data, write reports and communicate with colleagues in a global environment.
Sept 2017 – May 2018 PhD Photonic Integration and Advanced Data Storage, Queen’s University Belfast
Project; Investigating how the temperature of plasmonic nanostructures varies under illumination and how heat transfers from the nanostructure to the environment
• Planning, preparing and conducting lab experiments
• Reporting results through presentations, posters and articles
• Reviewing past and current work in this field
• Managing a financial budget
• Developing and adhering to a personal schedule
Sept 2016 – Sept 2017 MSc (Hons) Photonic Integration and Advanced Data Storage, Queen’s University Belfast and University of Glasgow
Dissertation Project: Using anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopy to probe the temperature of plasmonic nanoparticles
Modules studied include;
• Electronic Devices
• Lasers and Optics
• Nano and Atomic Scale Imaging
• Optical and Plasmonic Materials
• Insights to Industry
• Teamwork and collaboration skills in a cross-geographical environment
• Two exploratory lab projects
• Presenting and reporting complex ideas to a variety of audiences
• Providing solutions to an industry based upon their needs and values
• Laboratory experience (procedures, quality control and health and safety)
• Promoting scientific courses to prospective students
• Understanding team dynamics and team cohesion
BSc (Hons) in Natural Science (Physics) (2:1), Open University
Modules studied include;
• Radiation and Matter
• Physics and Astronomy
• The Quantum World
• Waves, Diffusion and Variational Principles
• The Physical World
• Exploring Mathematics
• Mathematical Methods and Models
• Scientific Investigations
• Exploring Science
• Planning and evaluating a personal schedule
• Using online resources to complete group projects
• Reflecting on feedback
• Critically evaluate arguments and form judgements
• Independent research
2005 – 2007 A-Levels, Armagh Technical College
Maths, Physics, Biology and AS-Level Chemistry
2000 – 2005 GCSEs, Brownlow Integrated Collecge
10 GCSEs, grades A* to C including Mathematics and English
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|