I don't currently have a teaching style as I would prefer to tailor it to each student, finding a way that works best for you, but if you have a preferred style I will try my best to teach in that particular way. I found that this worked best with previous students.
I am ambitious and hardworking person who has recently completed my Masters in Law at the University of York, having previously completed my law degree at the University of Lincoln. I would love to help tutor students to enable them to reach their full potential. I'm mostly comfortable teaching English and History however if there are any other subjects you would like guidance with I am happy to help. Feel free to leave me a message and I'll reply as soon as possible.
I am looking to put my communication and written skills to use, based on my essay and verbal based course. I have gained time management and problem solving skills due to the context of my course and can therefore, handle problematic situations efficiently and with confidence. Whilst studying at Lincoln and working at Moto Hospitality Ltd I have developed team work skills, and enjoy working alongside others and would enjoy helping others reach their full potential, whilst also learning new things myself through tutoring.
An ambitious LLB Law graduate of the University of Lincoln with a particular interest in human rights law. I am a hard working individual seeking to pursue an opportunity to develop this interest further. My career aims are to carry out my own research in the human rights sector whilst being a lecturer, I believe that the skills I have developed throughout university and work will be highly valued in order to achieve these goals.
Communication: As a law student it has been necessary to demonstrate coherent oral and written skills in order to provide clear analysis and understanding of the law in my work. The mooting opportunity enabled me to work outside of my comfort zone which in turn enhanced my articulation.
Research & Analysis: Whilst studying law I have had to conduct thorough research in order to critique and give judgement or provide theories to reflect my creativity, problem solving and analytical skills. These skills have led me to develop a sophisticated writing style as reflected in my academic research.
Negotiation: In the penultimate year of my degree I developed many legal skills, including negotiation, due to the civil litigation module I studied. In turn, I have developed conflict resolution skills and advanced my problem solving skills in order to create win-win situations, thus demonstrating proactive communication abilities.
Commercial awareness: As a supervisor and customer service assistant I have developed excellent customer service skills and raised my awareness of business affairs in a retail environment. I have also acquired good time management and organisational skills by juggling academic work with a part time job and tutoring, thus demonstrating my commitment due to the required constant discipline and motivation.
University of Lincoln
Third Year – Overall 2.1
Key modules include: Equity and Trusts- 55%, Law Dissertation- 67%, Employment Law- 61% and Civil Litigation- 67%.
Second Year- Overall 2.1
Criminal Law- 56%, European Union Law- 60%, Land Law- 57%, Medical Law and Ethics- 68% and Human Rights Law in the UK- 68%.
First Year – Overall 2.2 (extenuating circumstances– noted due to considerable variance between exam and assignment grades)
Contract Law- 57%, Tort Law – 57%, Constitutional and Administrative Law- 51% and Legal Systems and Skills- 66%.
John Leggott Sixth Form College:
4 A-levels including law, English combined, psychology and history.
Ash Hill Academy:
9 A*-C GCSE’s, including maths, English, science and German.
Legal Experience/ Activities
Placement, Grainger Appleyard Solicitors, Doncaster:
• Week long placement
• Shadowed a criminal law solicitor and gained valuable insight into the court process and client care procedures.
• Provided an opportunity to present a one-off lecture style teaching session concerning property offences to sixth form students.
• Improved my verbal articulation by speaking in front of a group.
• I worked alongside two of my course mates. To ensure efficiency and effective time management, we held weekly meetings to guarantee that we were keeping on target.
• Improved my presentation skills as it was tailored specifically to revision purposes and so the amount of information necessary did not need to be overwhelming,
Supervisor, Greggs, Moto Hospitality Ltd:
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, leading to a promotion from customer service assistant to supervisor.
• Demonstrated commercial awareness- ensuring I met company standards and targets.
• I have trained new members of staff in sandwich production, cash handling and customer service, thus demonstrating my leadership and teamwork skills.
• Used problem solving skills in order to provide customer satisfaction and smooth running of the store.
• I’ve carried out training to ensure that I have in depth knowledge of health and safety and relevant food and cleaning laws and expectations.
• Learned to work in a fast paced environment efficiently.
• Tutored two children aged 7 and 11.
• Created mock SAT’s papers and marked the answers with the pupil in order to help provide a deeper understanding.
• Built on time management and organisational skills as I balanced tutoring alongside my degree and part time job.
• Enabled me to develop communication skills further as it was necessary that I explained concepts in a way that the pupil would understand.
Hobbies and Interests:
• Reading- boosts creativity, expands knowledge and provides a calm environment to release stress.
• Gym- I enjoy training and pushing myself to my capacity both physically and mentally in order to achieve my ambitions.
• I have a passionate interest in human rights and aim to partake in multiple volunteering opportunities in order to raise awareness for the need to take action regarding equality.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|