I ask my students what problems they are having issues with then I base my lessons around the main areas of difficulty. If students struggle with a particular area I will focus on this but I will also go over all areas of each topic by designing any questions and practical work
I am a trainee solicitor who has recently completed my LLM Masters in International Business Law. I have been a peer mentor at Queen's university and tutored various students in their Law degrees achieving 2:1s overall. I am very interactive and I am always willing and able to help by designing different lessons to suit each student.
I am an ambitious and personable individual who has developed a keen interest in pursuing a career in the legal profession. I am extremely motivated, hardworking and keen to develop my skills and experience within your workplace.
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft including Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Great Teamwork and organisational skills
• OCR Level 2 Text Processing Business Professional
• Grade 8 Music Theatre- London College of Music Examinations 2013
• Grade 4 Cello- Associated Board of the Royal School of Music
• Peer Mentor for 1st year Law Students at Queens University Belfast
• Degree Plus Award for Peer mentoring
Jingles Portrush- Summer Weekend Manager (June 2018- September 2018)
• Organising Rotas
• Training Staff Members
• Opening and Closing the shop ensuring tills have been counted and the shop has been cleaned before closing
• Stock taking and ensuring orders have been made
Ramore Restaurants- Mermaid Kitchen & Bar: Waitress- (27th December 2014- 20th August 2017)
• Welcoming and greeting guests, taking orders, sorting bills and ensuring customers have an enjoyable experience
• Training new members of staff and involved in cleaning the restaurant
• Undertaking continual training courses in customer service, food hygiene, complaints procedures and how to interact with customers.
• Presenting a professional and friendly impression of the restaurant to all visitors.
• The above duties and responsibilities have improved my communication skills both written and verbal and also developed my teamwork skills.
Action Cancer- (2nd January 2011- 7th July 2011)
• Involved in serving and assisting customers in finding the relevant products
• Undertook window dressing and was responsible for displaying the goods in an attractive way throughout the shop
• Sorted out donations and the associated paperwork and restocked the shop with the new donations received. Had the opportunity to work with the general public enabling to develop my written and communication skills and also my numeracy skills as I was dealing with payments.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Arthur Cox- (1st October 2018- Current)
• Working as a Paralegal within the Dispute Resolution team and finance team
• Dealing with large conveyancing projects dealing with a large volume of deeds, ensuring all the correct documentation is filled out, updating the spreadsheets with all the property information.
• Liaising with solicitors ensuring completions are met
• Applying for property certificates, searches, preparing letters, contracts and transfers
Herbert Smith Freehills- (16th September 2018- 28th September 2018)
• Undertook training in the law of privilege and document review
• Sorting through large numbers of documents ensuring that the documents do not contain legal advice privilege or confidential information.
Mallon McCormick Solicitors- (1st January- 10th August 2018)
• Working as a legal executive in the areas of conveyancing, family law, criminal, probate and litigation.
• Involved in various cases including conveyancing, transfers, estates, criminal cases and litigation cases. Developing my knowledge in all areas of law.
• Attending court on various occasions and mediation
• Drafting of client letters and observing client meetings. Attending counsel at Court preparing bundles and disclosure.
• Answering phones and working alongside the various solicitors learning how to handle different areas of law and the methods used in dealing with different cases.
• Dealing with Legal aid applications
Paul Doran Law (29th August 2017- 21st December 2017)
• Working as a paralegal developing my knowledge in the area of Employment law.
• Performing legal and factual research and identify relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles and other relevant material.
• Organising and analyse information, cross-check and validate information
• Drafting legal documents such early conciliation forms, witness statements and dealing with new employment law queries that come in on a daily basis.
• Liaising with clients regularly developing communication skills and attending Tribunals on behalf of our solicitors observing and taking notes.
A&L Goodbody- Summer Internship- (1st- 5th August 2016)
• Had the opportunity to experience different seats including corporate, employment, litigation and property.
• Worked alongside different trainees in each of these seats and typed the necessary documents and correspondence as requested and printed any supplementary notes required
Education Authority- Claims and Legal- (2nd- 16th April 2015)
• Involved in drafting of letters using Microsoft Word and Publisher and studied various employment claims
• Studied various claims with regards to disputes and litigation and sat in on meetings taking notes and was involved in filing and maintaining the filing system
Conor Agnew & Co Solicitors- (25th March 2013- 29th March 2013)
• Attended various court tribunals and sat in on client meetings
• Organised the filing system and was involved in drafting of client letters
• Studied various cases in relation to divorce, liquidation and bankruptcy and watched various CCTV footages on Road Traffic Accidents.
Loreto College Coleraine
(September 2007- June 2014)
A Levels: GCSES
Geography- A Music- A*
Home Economics- B Religious Studies- A*
Religious Studies- B Maths- A Geography-A
AS Levels Home Economics-A
Home Economics- A English- B
Geography- A Double Award Science- BB
Religious Studies- A Spanish-B
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, dissertation and thesis preparation lessons for all!
Taking dissertation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|