I structure lessons to suit pupils, combining theory and practice to great effect. I have been described as extremely patient and helpful and am willing to try a variety of techniques to best aid the development of my pupils. I have a wide range of teaching resources which can be used to best fit pupils.
I have over 15 years' experience studying music both instrumentally and practically. I have 3 years' experience teaching piano and theory lessons to pupils spanning a wide range of ages, all of whom have seen great progress in ability and understanding.
September 2015 - August 2018, Organ Scholar, Brasenose College, Oxford
- Assisting the Director of Music with the general organisation of the chapel services and other events
- Accompanying, conducting and rehearsing weekly chapel services (including unaccompanied works)
- Organising and accompanying regular concerts in the chapel (including coaching where necessary)
- Annual Intercollegiate Service (voluntaries at the end of the service and preparation of Brasenose Choir)
September 2014 - August 2015, Organ Scholar, St Laurence’s Church, Catford
- Assisted the Director of Music with the accompanying and direction of the choir
- Rehearsals for the whole choir and sectional rehearsals for the choristers
- Led a public concert in Catford Town Centre for locals to coincide with
annual Christmas celebrations
September 2016 - June 2017, Organist for the Christ Church College Choir, Oxford
- Accompanying regular rehearsals and weekly Cathedral services
- Accompanied the annual service given at Winchester Cathedral
December 2010 - August 2013, National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain
- Participation in residential courses throughout the year and performance in
concerts at major UK venues including the Royal Albert Hall
- Extra NYO projects - Tate Movie/InHarmony project, and a collaborative
project between NYO, Aldeburgh Young Musicians and the Palestinian music collective, Al Kamandjati
September 2003 - August 2010, National Children’s Orchestra of Great Britain
- Principal ‘Cellist (Principal on numerous occasions)
- Leverhulme Scholarship for excellence at audition in 6 consecutive years
- Participation in residential courses
September 2004 - August 2013, Royal College of Music Junior Department
- Studied ‘cello
- Studied piano
- Studied organ
- Freda Dinn and Ida Mabbett String Prize
- Early Music Prize for keyboard
- Principal ‘Cellist: Training, Sinfonia, Chamber and Symphony Orchestras
- Harpsichord: Baroque Ensemble
- Numerous chamber concerts (Debussy’s Piano Trio in G major at the
Musicians’ Church of St Sepulchre-without-Newgate and Shostakovich’s
2nd Piano Trio at the Elgar Room of the Royal Albert Hall)
- Member of several of the RCM JD’s choirs
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts: Music. 2:1, Preliminary Examinations.
September 2015 - June 2018, Brasenose College, Oxford
3 As at A Level: Music, French and Geography 1 A at AS Level: Maths
10 A*s at GCSE: Core and Additional Science, English Literature, English Language, Maths, French, Spanish, Geography, Religious Studies and Music
Grade 8: ‘Cello, Piano, Organ, Saxophone, Advanced Practical Musicianship and Theory
Grade 5: Voice
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical education lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£33||£25|