I am a very calm and collected teacher, and I am ready to work at it with a student no matter how long it takes him/her to understand the concept I am teaching. A lot of my teaching is based upon teaching a concept then keep giving the student questions to make sure they understand that concept. This often results in success.
I am currently a student at University of Nottingham learning Maths and Economics. I have previously tutored students at a GCSE level and been successful in this. Having already achieved incredible grades in my GCSEs, A levels and first year at University of Nottingham, I think I am in a good place to be successful at tutoring.
- 8A*s 2As at IGCSE level (including A*s in Maths, English Language and English Literature)
- A in FSMQ
- A* in Maths A-Level (2017)
- B in Physics A-Level (2017)
- B in Further Maths A-Level (2017)
- A in EPQ with title of: “How has and how will the Sharing Economy affect the Global Economy?”
- Currently Studying Maths and Economics at University of Nottingham
ACHIEVEMENTS AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Can speak English and Hindi fluently
• Competent in French
• Research into Behavioural Economics
• Cambridge Immerse Maths Course (2 weeks in Summer 2016)
• Maths Kumon Level L completion with Gold certificate in 2014
• English Kumon completion award with Gold certificate in 2014
• Intermediate Maths Challenge 2014 – Silver Award
• High achiever award 2014 – History
• First place in own story writing competition in year 2009
• 1st XV Rugby at School Level
• National Level rugby 2015
• Member of school’s cricket team
• DofE (Duke of Edinburgh) – Silver award
• Achieved Level 6 in ASA swimming awards scheme
• Red(Black stripe) belt in Tae-Kwon-Do
• Passed grade 3 in Trombone (2010)
• Member of school concert band (2017)
• Preparing for grade 3 Drums
• Worked as volunteer at Cancer Research, St Albans.
• Reading, Movies and Travelling
• Completed first aid course
• Completed a charitable Young enterprise assignment in 2016 which made £1000 for Cancer Research
• Finalist in 2016 NSEC competition
• KPMG – Accounting sector – 1 week – 2015 – Learnt how the company works as a whole. In particular, what the accounting sector does in the process. Looked through previous client files and tried to solve the issues of those projects myself. Additionally, attended and contributed in some client meetings.
• Rothesay Life – Actuarial Finance – 1 week – 2015 – completed an Excel and PowerPoint project creating an instrument on Excel which produced with a number which my team and I used as my premium price for that project. At the end of the week, my team and I presented our PowerPoint and data to the client and ended up winning the client over with our Premium price as it provided the highest amount of profit for the company whilst having the lowest premium price.
• GE Capital – Overview of whole company – 1 week - 2016 – Learnt about the general structure of GE Capital and how the head office in London deals with the offices all over the world and how each sector of the main office works together in harmony to complete one project. I also completed some mini projects of my own.
Things I learnt from work experience:
• How to work effectively in a team
• How to meet clients’ needs precisely, effectively and to their needs exactly
• Being patient for success and trying to make the company and myself as good as possible
• How to use programmes like excel and PowerPoint to a good standard
• Researching through client meetings, or online, or data analysing.
• Understanding the basics to how a firm/company runs
• Understanding the basics of certain roles in the industry.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£12|
|5 hours||£50||Not available||£60|
|10 hours||£100||Not available||£120|