Whilst teaching I like to show students the method and then go through a few practice question so they can understand how to apply their knowledge. The lesson structure will be very flexible and be dependent on what you find the hardest so we can focus key areas.
I am a Maths and Economics student studying at the LSE and am willing to help students at GCSE or A level with their maths questions. I've taught a few students GCSE Maths whilst in sixth form and they have all gone on to pass their exams My degree directly uses a lot of A level knowledge so I am up to date with what was learnt during A levels.
Education and Qualifications
2018- 2021 Currently studying at London School of Economic for a BSc Mathematics with Economics
2011- 2018 Aylesbury Grammar School
A- Level: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A), Chemistry (A), Physics(B)
Employment and Work Experience
Social Media Advertising Assistant January 2017 – ongoing
• I run the social media advertising on Facebook for an independent author
• The work involves:
o Understanding the genre and target audiences
o Monitoring ad spend and Return-On-Investment
o Managing advertising budget
Primary School Maths Tutoring Initiative Spring- 2017
• Volunteered for a term
• Worked with Stoke Mandeville Primary School on helping students with the UKCAT Maths Challenge
• Developed my patience and realised how fulfilling it is to help other students understand and learn mathematics
Metropolis Capital Spring- 2015
• Work placement for 1 week.
• Learned, on a high level, how to research companies, identifying the right ones of investment based on various metrics and understanding entry and exit price points
• Now I have my own investment account where I pick my own funds and stocks
Willen Hospice Charity Shop Winter- 2014 (3 months)
• Volunteered every Saturday for six hours
• Skills developed included excellent front line customer service, organisation, flexibility and teamwork.
Maths Tutoring October 2018 - ongoing
• I tutor GCSE and A-level students on Maths and help them improve their understanding of the subject
World Challenge, Indonesia Summer 2017
• I was part of a World Challenge expedition to Indonesia to conduct charity work in an animal sanctuary
• Treasurer for the entire expedition, managed budget and allocated funds for various activities
Hobbies and Interests
• Member of the LSE badminton team, cricket team.
• Junior Prefect and member of the School Council at Aylesbury Grammar School
• Keen Guitar Player - Grade 6
Available on request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|