I am very flexible in my teaching methods and realise that learners have different needs and methods of learning. Having taught many different levels and abilities I am very experienced in using different teaching and learning techniques to achieve the best results possible.
While doing this I prefer to work with the student in a way that they find the most beneficial to attaining the knowledge they need and not just stick to rigid lesson plans that are targeted for a wide range of pupils. I also believe in teaching revision and general learning concepts and ideas that allow the student to become a better pupil in class as well as in tutoring sessions
I am a fully qualified and experienced teacher and tutor with a proven track record of excellent results. I quickly form excellent relationships with students ensuring they enjoy sessions while maximising their specific learning needs. I am also a AQA examiner for A level in Business Studies. I have provided numerous sessions for GCSE Maths and have taught GCSE Maths at my previous teaching post. I am passionate about education at all levels and helping students achieve their full potential
2017- on going UCLAN
2014-2014 Walton-Le-Dale Primary
PGCE Business Studies- QTLS
1999-2003 University of Huddersfield
BA Hons in Marketing 2:1
1997-1999 Oldham Sixth Form College
Advanced GNVQ Business Studies Distinction
1990-1996 Kaskenmoor School
GCSEs in 8 subjects including Maths,
English Language and Urdu
Teaching Work Experience
Oct 2016 - Dec 2017 Manchester college
Jan 2016 -Jul 2016 Lancaster University
Jul 2015-Aug 2015 AQA Examiner
Jan2014- Jul 2015 Bolton College- Preston College and Lancaster University
2009-2017 private KS2, KS3 and KS3 maths
09/2013 –January 2015 Ranstad Agency Teacher different schools- Pleckgate school,
Penwortham School, St Thomas Centre
Currently working at a various secondary schools in Lancashire. Responsibilities and achievements include:
• Involved in the planning and delivering of classes
• Monitoring and recording a pupil’s progress in administrative records.
• Responsible for preparing classes by ensuring the correct educational resources are in place
• Preparing students for their exams by encouraging them and providing support.
• Provide direct services to students with special needs
• Organize and communicate class targets, objectives and requirements and ensured their successful achievement
• Ensure all appropriate measures regarding all needs are being employed for special students
• Delivered 1:1 tuition to 3 pupils, which involved planning individual lessons and assessing progress
• Delivered 1:1 tuition to one pupil at his home which involved differentiating the lesson around the pupils’ ability.
09/2011 - 07/2013 Blackburn College BTEC Business
10 months spent working at Blackburn College. Responsibilities and achievements included:
• Full class Business Studies teacher
• Developed high quality provision with thorough planning and assessment procedures
• Planned and taught NVQ level 2,3 and 4 business
• Created programmes of work
• Used a range of interactive teaching methods to enhance learning
• Monitored learning through a range of assessment techniques
• Fully involved in parents evenings
04/2008- 07/ 2011 Oldham Community Centre Business Studies Teacher
3 years spent working at Oldham Pakistani Community Centre, helped venerable young women gain qualifications in level 1 Business. Responsibilities and achievements included:
• Planned and taught Level 1 Business studies
• Student centred teaching
• Spoke Urdu to help women understand if they struggled to understand in English
• Gave more responsible to young women to work at their own pace
08/2005- 02/2008 Myerscough College Business Studies Teacher
3 years spent working at Myerscough College, Responsibilities and achievements included:
• Gained valuable experience teaching NVQ 2
• Developed skills in lesson planning and assessment
• Developed strategies to deal with classroom behaviour
Other Qualifications, Skills and Interests
• Competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Confident user of interactive whiteboard
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|