I encourage a purposeful structure with lots of interaction and a positive atmosphere in my lessons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Physics (GCSE, GCE AS/A level), Science(GCSE) and Maths(GCSE).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Physics degree and PGCE.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 per hour for GCSE and £30 per hour for AS/A2 level. Travel expenses is normally £5.
- Where do you teach?
I generally teach in the student's home within 20 miles of Southam in Warwickshire. This includes areas such as Coventry, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick, Banbury and Stratford on Avon. I am also available to teach from my own home.
- When are you available?
I am available any day between 8am and 8pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Generally I teach Key stage 4 (GCSE) and Key stage 5 (GCE A levels) but I am also willing to support adult students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for GCSE, GCE A level and University entrance.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
In a tutoring situation the student is in charge and should dictate what is learned. Do not be afraid to ask questions frequently. It is my job to answer them and make things clear.
When preparing for exams there is no substitute for doing exam papers.
Think about how you learn best and I will adapt my teaching style to suit you.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 33 years teaching experience in a range of secondary schools including head of physics and head of science departments.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a full enhanced CRB.
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Birmingham.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have a range of students of all abilities and backgrounds.
One has learning difficulties including dyslexia and she has improved her GCSE Science grades from E to upper C grade.
Another student working at GCSE grade B was able to raise her grades to A* in Physics and Maths.
An A level student was able to raise his Physics grade from B to A.
One of my student remarked that from being a "dunce" in her class she was now regarded as a "boffin"!
Raising the confidence of my students is one of my primary aims.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|