I am passionate about helping students in aspects of their study that they find challenging. I am supportive and caring, believing that strong foundations and confidence in the subject being studied are paramount to making progress. I will devise a personalised learning programme that will allow you to meet your learning goals and individual learning styles. I offer face-to-face or online (Skype) lessons.
I am an experienced teacher / tutor with over 20 years' experience. I can help you if you are looking for a supportive and caring tutor who will always go the extra mile to make sure you achieve your goals and targets. I can help you in all primary subjects, SATs preparation, 11+ exam preparation, up to grade 9 GCSE in Maths & Further Maths. I also offer tuition for home educated students and adult learners. Contact me and together we can devise a strategy that works for you.
Curriculum Vitae - Jennifer Lee
I am an experienced teacher / tutor who has worked for over 18 years as a classroom teacher followed by 3 years of private tutoring. My private students have ranged in age from 7 years up to adult learners and the subjects I currently teach are wide ranging, although I am a maths, science and geography specialist and teach up to GCSE grade A / 9 in these subjects. My passion is working in a 1:1 setting with students; individualising lessons and tuition sessions to suit a student’s particular needs, attributes, personality and learning style. My lessons are meticulously planned with careful consideration of the individual student; I believe that in personalising lessons in this way, I can work with students to help them achieve the most in terms of progress and reaching their true potential.
• Self Employed Tutor: April 2015-Present
Age range from 7 years to adult. Subject range: KS1, KS2 & KS3 Maths & English, 11+ & CE exam preparation, GCSE & iGCSE Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry & Geography.
• Broadstone Middle School, Poole: 2014-April 2015
Maths Teacher (Y6, Y7 & Y8, with additional roles of Head of Science, Y7 Science teacher & Y6 Humanities teacher)
• The Bourne Academy, Bournemouth: 2013-2014
Maths Specialist (SEN in Y7 & Y8, intervention teacher of GCSE – Foundation & Higher)
• St. Aldhelm’s Combined School, Poole: 2002-2013
Teacher (KS2 & 3, Science & Geography Co-ordinator)
• Various Primary schools (Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire): 1997-2002
Skills & Attributes
• Passion for 1:1 teaching & commitment to helping my students realise & reach their potential
• Accomplished in developing highly personalised learning programmes based on an individual student’s learning goals and targets, attributes, personality and learning style.
• Enthusiasm; able to motivate students by fostering a positive and nurturing working relationship
• Eagerness to learn and to try new ideas in order to develop teaching practice & help students deepen their understanding
• A fluent communicator who listens attentively; providing students the opportunity to fully explore the difficulties and challenges they experience in a particular subject
• Excellent organisation, punctuality and time management
• 1996-1997: Northern College of Education
Post Graduate Certificate in Primary Education
• 1991-1995: University of Aberdeen
Tropical Environmental Science Bachelor of Science degree (Hons)
• 1984-1991: Monmouth Comprehensive
10 GCSEs (A*-C)
3 A Levels - Geography, Maths, Sociology
Sector-related learning and development whilst I was a teacher:
Self-led learning and development since becoming self-employed; most notably keeping up-to-date with curriculum & syllabus changes to GCSEs, delivering online tuition, currently studying A Level Maths (AQA 7357 Specification).
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£28||Not available||£28|