My range of experience covers both nursing and medicine. I have taught Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Physical Examination, German, Spanish and Data Analysis in Python in the last few years. My teaching methodology focuses on building the student’s confident by first assuring them that the subject is not difficult. Next, I ask a series of questions and provide exercise to know where the student is lacking. Most times I try to teach the theoretical concepts before attempting to teach the practical concepts. I also love giving exercises as well as provide reading materials to help the student learn on their own.
I am a dedicated, disciplined and confident individual who has a Medical and Nursing degree. I have extensive experience in hospital and clinical settings during my medical internship and I have also worked as a nurse to a patient with ESRD. I have a strong background working with low-income populations. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
• Community medicine competence
• Accomplished in primary care
• Dedicated to integrity
• Medical research comprehension
• Keen motor skills
• Preventive care expert
• Humane and Respectful
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Open-minded communicative physician
• Good clinical judgement
• Fluent in English and Spanish and B2 Level in German
My range of experience covers Microbiology, Cell Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Physical Examination, German, Spanish as well as Python for Data Analysis. I have helped edit, proofread and write over 100 thesis, final year projects, dissertations, systematic reviews and other types of medical and nursing writing
February 15-May 07, 2019 -Maria Reyna- Xavier University Hospital, Northern Mindanao Medical Center and Alubijid Rural and Municipal Health (Completed an 11-week medical intern rotation in the Philippines)
-Preventive Family Community Medicine (Alubijid Rural and Municipal Health Unit, Misamis Oriental, Philippines and TB-DOTS Center Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines)
-Radiology (Northern Mindanao Medical Center, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines)
-Surgery, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Pediatrics (Maria Reyna Xavier University Hospital, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
February TO November 2018 -Worked as a freelancer Medical Analyst under Verticl, Inc of a certain pharmaceutical company
August 2016 TO July 2017 Medical Intern
Hospital Provincial Antonio Luaces Iraola- Ciego de Avila, Cuba
August 2016 to October 2016: Surgery
October 2016 to December 2016: OB-GYNE
December 2016 to January 2017: Integrated General Medicine
January 2017 to April 2017: Internal Medicine
April 2017 to June 2017: Paediatrics
• Appropriately diagnosed and treated a variety of diseases and injuries in a general practice setting
• Ordered and executed diagnostic tests and analyzed diagnostic images to further investigate patient conditions
• Administered and prescribed appropriate courses of treatment, including pharmaceutical medications under the supervision of senior doctor.
• Advised and educated patients regarding diet, hygiene, and effective disease prevention methods
• Accurately reported births, deaths and outbreaks of contagious diseases to governmental authorities
• Conducted physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs or eligibility for insurance coverage
• Treated paediatric patients with minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems and growth and development concerns.
• Monitored patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluated treatments as necessary
• Continuously maintained proper safety and took precautionary measures to avoid the spread of disease and infection
• Admitted and treated patients as part of the hospital’s 24-hour on-call services
• Counselled patients on proper birth control methods and prevention of diseases such as cervical and breast cancer
• Effectively led teams of medical students of junior level in caring for inpatient, outpatient and surgical patients to ensure quality care
• Preformed minor surgical procedures and deliveries as needed and assisted in major surgical procedures
• Delivered medical services to 50 or more patients in daily clinic and hospital environments
April 2009 to August 2010: Private Nurse (End-Stage Renal Disease secondary to Diabetes Mellitus Type II)
• handled dialysis equipment, NGT feedings, urinary catheterization, IV and SQ injections, oxygen therapy
2010- 2017 Doctor of Medicine
Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina- Carretera Panamericana KM 3 ½ Santa Fe, Playa, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba.
Summa cum laude
2005-2009 Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan- Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Consistent Dean's lister
2001-2005 Secondary Education
St. Mary's School - Mandumol, Macasandig, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
1995-2001 Primary Education
West City Central School - Carmen, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
• During internship awarded as the “ Best Foreign Trainee” of the Batch
• Among the top rank holder of the Medical University of Ciego de Avila at the time of graduation (Gold Title- Summa cum laude)
• Secretary of Academic Affairs of the foreign body “Che Guevara Brigade”, 2016-2017
• Represented the school in table tennis competition at state level and won the 1st prize for two consecutive years
• Associate Scretary of Academic Affairs of the Council of Nursing (CONUS), 2008-2009
• Gloria Macapagal Leadership Awardee
Christine is a reliable and quality tutor. You can count on her to deliver exceptional quality work.
Christine is a skilled medical officer who exceeds expectation at all times. She is a fellow professional and tutor. I recommend her.
Christine is an outstanding medical and nursing tutor. She is highly skilled. I recommend her.
She is an excellent tutor with diverse skills. I recommend her for all forms of academic tutoring and help.
nutrition lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest first aid lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, alternative medicine lessons for all!
Taking ayurveda lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|