My teaching method is to first find what methods will most benefit the student or students and use this information to tailor the sessions to their needs. I will base the material I teach on their subjects’ specification and find ways to break it down to make it easier for students to internalise and understand. I will address areas they find most challenging and create my own study materials to make them more understandable. I don't believe in using one teaching method and sticking to it. I will first ask students what methods they prefer whether it's through working through actual examples or using visual aids. I use a range of different teaching styles including directed, discussing, and delegated. I will actively encourage students to attempt tasks they find challenging so that I am able to gain an understanding of what they know and how they have processed what they have learnt. From this, I will find ways to improve their knowledge. I will also set tasks to be completed outside of tutorial sessions so I can monitor their progress and see where they need further aid.
I am currently finishing my master's degree in medicinal chemistry for which I am on track for a first, and I am about to start a PhD in October in this area. My course has covered chemistry and biochemistry and I have taken optional modules in biomolecules and cells as well as human physiology. So I am happy to offer tutoring in these fields as well. The A levels I completed in biology, chemistry, and psychology refined my knowledge gained during my GCSE sciences. My degree has built up on my knowledge gained through my A levels, and I am ready to use what I've learnt to help other students.
I will not charge for cancellations if I am made aware 12 hours prior to the session, but for failure to give 12 hours notice, I will still ask for payment for the hour unless a valid reason is provided.
I am self-motivated, organised, and capable of working under pressure. During my academic career, I successfully combined my studies with both voluntary work and paid employment. I have a practical approach to problem-solving and a drive to see things through to completion. I enjoy working on my own initiative or in a team. In short, I see myself as reliable, hardworking, and eager to learn new skills.
2017 to 2021 MChem (Masters) in Medicinal Chemistry
University of Bradford – Bradford
I am currently in my final year of MChem degree and my results from last year are as follows:
• Advanced Laboratory and Research Skills - 59.0 (P)
• Bio-organic and Bio-inorganic Chemistry - 63.0 (P)
• Introduction to Polymer Science - 81.0 (P)
• Molecular Analysis - 71.0 (P)
• Organic Chemistry 3 - 70.0 (P)
During my time at university, I have greatly improved upon my laboratory techniques, through the practical's and research I have done. I have also developed biological laboratory skills; by taking optional modules focused on this area. I have become more aware of the ethical implications and issues some of chemistry's applications have. For example, I have learnt about the life-threatening effect that carbon monoxide has on haemoglobin in most mammal's blood. I have developed stronger mathematical and numerical skills, for instance via learning about quantum mechanics. I have gained more experience with analysis and problem-solving during my course. I was trained in lab safety, to ensure I carried out each practical with caution and care. My researching and presentation giving skills have been strengthened, such as when I did a group presentation on the Isolobal Principle and Wades Rule.
In addition to this, my ability to monitor and maintain records and data was significantly improved during lab sessions. My written communication ability was enhanced particularly through essay writing, in which I achieved scores of up to 74%. I have advanced my technological and IT skills, for instance by learning computational chemistry during a practical.
2015 to 2017 A level and As level
Skipton Girls High School – Skipton
• Grade C A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
• Grade D As levels in General Studies and English Language.
2012 to 2015 GCSE and Btec
The Skipton Academy
• Grade B GCSE’s in Biology, English language, History and Physics.
• Grade C GCSE’s in Chemistry, English Literature, French and Maths.
• Level 1 PASS Btec in Sport.
TEACHING AND WORK EXPERIENCES
07/2018 to 04/2019 Housekeeper
Travelodge – Skipton, England
• Whilst working at Travelodge I worked under pressure to ensure that the rooms were cleaned to a high standard. This was done within a short time frame of 20 minutes for a two-person room, and 30 minutes for a family room. I found this challenging. However, I persevered and found a way to ensure I completed tasks to a good standard and in a timely fashion. This was achieved by improving my communication and team working skills with other housekeepers, and by advancing my time management skills.
• I engaged with guests on room requirements and amenities to promote overall satisfaction. This required good communication, empathy, and problem-solving skills to ensure the guest's needs were met. Through using these skills and the specialist knowledge, gained from training, I was able to meet their requirements.
• I also adhered to a professional house cleaning checklist. Whilst following the checklist I operated cleaning equipment and used chemicals, while following all safety protocols and procedures to avoid burns and injuries. This gave me hands-on experience with following a protocol efficiently and correctly, whilst ensuring health and safety rules were adhered to.
09/06/2014 to 13/06/2014 Teaching Assistant Work Experience
Water Street Primary School – Skipton, England
• During this work experience, I worked in a primary school with different year groups. Through this, I gained valuable adapted communication skills, quick thinking skills and patience, vital for working with children of different age groups.
• Whilst working at the school I set up visual aids, equipment and classroom displays to support the teacher's lesson delivery. As well as this I distributed learning materials such as worksheets, books, and supplemental activities. In addition to this, I promoted physical, mental, and social development by implementing classroom games and outdoor recreational activities. This enhanced my team working skills, my communication skills, my ability to follow and implement instructions.
• I retained interest and maximized receptive learning by educating students using hands-on instructional techniques. I supported student learning objectives through personalized and small group assistance. I also tutored struggling students individually and in small groups to reinforce learning concepts. As well as this I delivered personalized educational, behavioural, and emotional support to individual students to enable positive learning outcomes. This required me to be empathetic to the students, to effectively communicate with them and to ensure I was using teaching methods tailored to the students.
2013 to 2014 Helper – Groom and Lesson Assistant
Draughton Riding Centre – Skipton, England
• Through this work, I have gained valuable experience by volunteering to care for the horses and lead young children during lessons. It helped me develop my interpersonal skills, with peers, younger children, their parents, and employers.
• I followed instructions and completed tasks to a high standard, whilst continuing to develop and reinforcing skills such as reliability and responsibility.
• Whilst working I demonstrated respect, friendliness, and willingness to help wherever needed. I also offered friendly and efficient service to all clients, handling challenging situations with ease. This proved to be vital for working with large animals and young clients.
• I used empathy when dealing with people who were nervous or scared of horses and ensured they remained calm and gained confidence whilst learning. This enhanced my communication skills, teaching skills and my ability to meet each client's needs whilst they learned.
• I utilized specialist knowledge gained through work to teach the clients how to care for and ride the horses. This took patience, understanding and effective communication.
OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Having been both a Deputy Head Girl and a Prefect I have greatly improved my skills in leadership, time management, teamwork, and public speaking. Deputy Head Girl involved organising important events, with a time restriction and high expectations, including fundraising and holding assemblies.
• My ability to lead independently was greatly enhanced by being the only Music Prefect, enforcing rules and good behaviour, together with helping to organise and run musical extracurricular activities for students. I further utilised these skills in my exec role on my universities equestrian team as the club secretary and charity officer over the last two years. As secretary, I had to organise kit orders, take minutes, keep a logbook of members, and help or fill in for other executives when they were unavailable or unable to carry out a task. This took good communication, data handling skills and organisational skills.
• This year I am acting as a student representative for my year group. This has allowed me to use my communication skills to convey student's concerns to the teaching staff effectively and clearly.
• I enjoy dinghy sailing and kayaking which, as well as being exhilarating, has improved my ability to precisely follow instructions immediately.
• I have enjoyed taking Ballroom and Latin American Dancing, it is given me the ability to cooperate with a partner to produce a fluid performance.
• Taking part in playing netball and being in the school choir, I have developed further skills in teamwork where unity is paramount.
• I currently partake in horse riding at university, which requires a lot of concentration and skill.
• I am also a member of a dragon boating club, which requires good teamwork and effective communication skills.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£110||£150|