My lessons are designed to target all levels, from GCSE to Degree level, and aim to stimulate critical thinking. Sessions will vary on a case by case basis and I will cater my approach to each students needs and requirements.
- 7 years of academic experience.
- Spent much of this time providing mentorship to peers, helping them to improve their grades and better understand concepts.
- Had significant experience of mentoring in my work experience up to the present point, developing colleagues younger and older than myself both personally and professionally.
With all of this behind me, I want to use my experience to benefit others at all levels.
Your experience with me will be a tailored which will use a variety of learning techniques and one-to-one dialogue to help stimulate the session and your education.
A bit about myself first, before diving into the rest. I have been a passionate student of History since I can remember, studying it at a higher level for at least 7 years.
I am most recently in the process of completing my Medieval Studies MA from the University of Leeds.
My grades in all relevant areas from the past 7 years are as follows:
- History BA: 2:1
- History A-level: A
- Sociology A-level: A
- Religious Studies A-level: B
- Religious Education GCSE: A*
- History GCSE: A
Depending on your needs I can;
- Assist with devising efficient revision strategies.
- Work through sources with you.
- Review work and provide feedback and pointers for improvement.
- Work through approaches to a question with you.
- Provide pointers for further research.
- Test you on information in class and stimulate critical approaches to your thinking.
At degree level and below I can offer instruction on:
- The Northern Ireland 'Troubles'.
- The late British Empire ~ focusing particularly on the British Empire in Africa.
- Medieval History ~ with particulars on The Hundred Years War, the Battle of Agincourt, the concept and culture of knighthood, the Crusades, Medieval Lifecycles and Medieval identity.
- Roman Imperial History ~ with focus on Roman Emperors, identity in the empire, the empires military and explanations for its longevity.
- Alexander the Great.
- Warfare and conquest through the ages.
At A-level and below I can offer instruction on:
- Religious Education ~ focusing on fundamentalism in the three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam).
- Sociological theories, approaches and houses of thought.
- History ~ especially the Witch hunts, Elizabethan England and the Viking age.
At GCSE level and below I can offer instruction on:
- Any element of GCSE History or Religious Education ~ If I have not studies it directly myself I will familiarise myself with the syllabus to an appropriate level to assist the student.
I cannot recommend Ross enough. I met Ross at the University of Southampton where we studied History together. Ross is extremely knowledgeable, works to a high standard and is very personable. When I struggled with History assignments, Ross always offered a helping hand and coached me so that I could achieve a high grade.
Ross is an excellent tutor. His passion for history, his skill in explaining complex historical topics, and his patience as a teacher shine through. I would highly recommend Ross as a tutor for all ages and academic levels.
Ross is an insightful and astute academic, with a knack for breaking down complex themes and making them engaging and accessible to all. I studied alongside Ross throughout both secondary education and sixth form. He was and has remained a keen researcher, with an exponential and quite frankly inspiring work ethic. I cannot recommend Ross highly enough, to anyone whom may require support within Historical Studies, Ross is your man.
I went to university with Ross and was impressed by his enthusiasm for history and commitment to learning and wanting to teach others. He is very good at engaging with people about the past and is full of interesting knowledge gained from his passion for history. I would highly recommend Ross due to his enthusiasm and his friendly approach to teaching.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest religious studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, humanities general lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£60||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£120||Not available||£150|