I like to find out what peoples' individual requirements are before designing training for them, often tailoring to their particular job or study needs. I also have my own standard training guides that I work through should the needs be basic or broad range.
I have been working in IT, Systems Development, and Business Intelligence for over 20 years. I have spent much of that time teaching, both one to one and classroom training. I am also an Qualified Microsoft Office Specialist and trained with the Institute of IT Trainers.
October 2018 – February 2019
Tools: Excel, VBA, SQL
• Extraction and manipulation of internal testing data to create three different user interface tools within Excel to provide the business with better quality data and enhance business performance.
100 New Oxford Street
April 2016 – January 2018
Tools: Teradata, SAS Enterprise Guide, VBA, SQL, CACI
• Extraction and manipulation of customer data using Excel, VBA, Teradata, and SAS
• Development of automation code to enhance departmental processes
• Providing reports and data for the Sales Team
• Internal training and support on Excel and VBA
• Providing data to the Inventory Team to enable sold campaigns to be put live
1 Queens Road
December 2014 – March 2016
Tools: VB.net, Excel, VBA, SQL
• Creation of new business applications using VB.net.
o New barcode scanning and label printing software for the manufacturing site.
o Engineers’ quotes and invoice system.
o Automated SQL Server auditing and housekeeping program.
• SQL Server support, SQL querying and stored procedures.
• IT training – Office Applications
• Basic to advanced support of Excel.
• Desktop support.
The Delta Group
June 2014 – December 2014
Tools: MySQL, Excel, VBA, Excel Power BI
• Reporting from the SQL database internal business and external clients, using Excel Power BI tools (Power Query, MySQL, Power Pivot).
• Automation of existing manual processes using VBA and MySQL Stored Procedures.
• Basic to advanced training and tuition of Excel and Access to internal users.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Maple House, High Street,
Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 5RF
Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
May 2011 – May 2014
Tools: SQL, Excel and Access VBA
• Creation of new and automation of existing reports for the Programme Management team of Business Analysts, using both SQL and VBA.
o Automated data extraction programs to create reports for both the Business Analysts and clients. Meeting their individual needs to determine spend, forecasted costs, and future savings.
• Creation of new processes and applications to enhance the output of the team and also saving many man hours per month, providing more accurate and advanced reports.
• Providing Excel training for the team, from beginner to advanced level.
• Monthly and quarterly reporting for CWT clients.
• IT technical support for the Business Analysts.
• Suggestions for improvement for client reporting and assisting in the implementation of new BI systems.
• Data management and cleansing.
Church House, Church Street,
Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 9EN
Systems and Business Intelligence Analyst
(Sub contracting through NLD Solutions Limited)
January 2011 - April 2011
Tools: SQL Server 2008, VB.net, Syspro, Crystal Reports, Access and Excel
• Providing business intelligence reports and solutions for Sales, Accounts, and Warehousing departments, using SQL Server 2008, VB.net.
• Development of business intelligence reports using Syspro and Crystal Reports.
• Administration, support, and development of the ERP system Syspro.
• General systems support of Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications.
• Backend SQL Server database creation, admin, and support.
NLD Solutions Limited
45 Warner Road,
Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 9FJ
December 2009 – January 2011
• Provide professional Business Intelligence consultancy across Financial, Pharmaceutical and Public sectors
• Professional technical documentation
• Application development using the full software development life-cycle
• Training and support
April 2010 - January 2011
• SAS Business Intelligence Content Developer
• SAS Data Integration Studio Essentials
• SAS OLAP - Celebrity Cubes + Introduction to MDX. (CBT)
• SQL Server 2008
HM Revenue & Customs London
October 2009 – April 2010
December 2009 – April 2010
Tools: SAS 9, DI Studio, Enterprise Guide, Web Report Studio and VBA
• Working between HMRC and Cap Gemini to provide advice and support on the upgrade of SAS data warehouse and the transition between systems
• Advising on and the design of metadata control
• Scripting of and extraction from audit logs for analysis
• Development of Excel VBA programs to assist with metadata creation and data manipulation
• Redeveloping multiple legacy Base SAS code modules into DI Studio Jobs and Enterprise Guide Process flows
• Development of stored processes and web reports using Web Report Studio and Information Map studio
• Publishing information to the Delivery Portal
• Documentation of DI Studio Jobs, Enterprise Guide process flows, stored processes and web reports
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ware
July 2005 – September 2009
Business Intelligence Analyst
Tools: SAS 9, ETL Studio, Enterprise Guide, VBA, Access and Excel
Renault UK Rickmansworth
April 2005 - July 2005
Microsoft Office Specialist
Tools: Microsoft Office XP, Access and VBA
Office Academy Limited Stevenage
February 2004 - April 2005
IT Training Consultant
IT Support Engineer and Developer
Tools (used and trained): Microsoft Office, VBA, Crystal Reports and VB6
Pershing Limited London
April 2001 –February 2004
Operations Support Officer
Tools: EMC Data Manager and FTP
MBA Systems London
August 1999 –April 2001
Computer Systems Engineer
Tools: Microsoft Access, VBA and SQL
Kas Associate NV (UK) London
December 1996 –August 1999
Senior Systems Support
Tools: Banking and settlements systems, Novell Networking, VMS, Microsoft Access and VBA, Microsoft Windows administration
Education, Certification and Qualification
The Open University
January 2017 – Present
• BSc (Honours) in Natural Sciences with Environmental Science
Farnborough College of Technology, Boundary Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6SB
September 1994 – June 1995
• Higher National Diploma in Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering
Other Skills / Courses Taken
SAS Institute, Wittington House, Henley Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2EB
• SAS Business Intelligence Content Developer – 5 days
• SAS Data Integration Studio Essentials – 3 days
I have a touch-typing speed of over 100 wpm.
• Microsoft VBA
• Microsoft VB.net
• SQL and MySQL
• Crystal Reports
• Jasper Reporting
• Microsoft Office Specialist
• Institute of IT Trainers
• EMC Data Manager
• IAQ Securities and Investment
Hobbies and Interests
• Gym training, running, triathlon, OCR, and yoga
• Mountain Biking
• Music (Piano and Bass Guitar Grade 4)
microsoft excel lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft word lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft powerpoint lessons for all!
Taking databases lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|