I am from originally from Venezuela and can teach basic to advanced level Spanish to all age groups.
The courses I teach are split into three levels, basic, intermediate and advanced. Each level is around 50 hours in duration, and split into 5 units. Lessons can of course be tailored for individual needs, from a few useful phrases for that upcoming holiday to impress your friends, right up to advanced level to impress the natives!
The lesson structure I use will have you speaking, reading, writing, and understanding Spanish in your very first hour!
My experience includes teaching all subjects at primary school level (for Spanish speakers). I have tutored students of varying ages in Venezuela, Spain, and here in the UK.
In Venezuela, I took classes of 25-30 students in each, then went on to individual tuition in Spain and London. Some of my past students have now qualified as teachers in the subjects I taught. Grades have improved for the children I tutored in Spain and London.
BA Degree in modern languages with 26 years of experience in teaching and management. Excellent skills to analyse the structures and innovations of modern languages, with an understanding of a variety of perspectives on how to teach and research languages within the linguistic field.
Have proven teaching, guidance, and coaching skills with demonstrated ability to train others in the leadership skills necessary to run an academic school. As a coach, I am able to set a positive example, motivate and encourage people to achieve goals, helping them to improve their personal skills. Easy going by nature and able to get along with people, calm and confident at successfully managing challenging situations in busy environments.
April 2015-2017 Assistant Manager. Si-Tec Systems Ltd, Ramsey. Cambridgeshire.
• Providing administration and accounting services for the company.
• Organising travel and accommodation as required for members of staff.
Nov 2014-2017 Working as a self-employee in property development. Ramsey. Cambridgeshire.
Sept2012-Nov 2014 Travelling and working as a Private Tutor in Barcelona, Spain.
• Supporting a primary school child with extra guidance required in Math to improve his study abilities.
• Tutoring different areas of study of primary school subjects for one child and assisting him to prepare for examinations. Improving writing and reading skills and test scores in the subjects of study. Assess and looking after the child for his needs and safety before and after school in his own home.
March-Sept 2012 Care-worker, Ibercare Services, London, England, United Kingdom.
• Working with the clients assisting with food and medication and responsible for ensuring their wellbeing.
Feb-Sept 2012 Private Tutor and childcare, London, England, United Kingdom.
• Facilitate learning experiences with study strategies, note reading techniques, writing comprehension, and library research for two primary school children and one child in early year foundation stage.
• Improving the children’s English language skills with creative activities such as games, songs, painting, drawing and reading comprehension and writing English.
• Providing childcare for these children before and after school. Giving additional guidance to their general learning in libraries, museums and parks. Accompany children to and from school, on trips, and to medical appointments.
• Reinforcing the children’s behaviors with general knowledge and positive attitudes. Increasing their confidence and self-discipline to take responsibility for their well-being.
• Teaching English language for two adult students in introductory and advance level of English.
April 2001-July 2011 Senior Manager, Oasis 101.9 FM Stereo, Mérida, Venezuela
• Managing employees and departments, marketing and selling radio station services and technical supervision. Leading the identification and preparation of marketing strategies for promoting the Radio Station to improve the customer´s awareness of its products, services and events.
• Organising and supervising Radio Station events: two concerts and four courses with turnout of 15-30 students at each one. Liaising with marketing support to ensure the success of those events.
• Producer and announcer of the radio program "Otra Onda". Dealing with promotions, advertising and contract issues with on air personalities. Working to complete tasks ahead of schedule using problem solving multitasking skills.
March-Aug. 2008 Social Care Administrator and Standby Worker, Moreno Services, London, England.
• Organising work schedules and guiding the assignments day to day of the care workers.
• Responsible for ensuring the daily assignations were fully and well accomplished.
• Working with the clients and responsible for ensuring their wellbeing and assisting with medication.
• Providing feedback to the families of the client when they required, answering questions and giving them information about the assignations of the care workers in charge of their relative.
Aug 1988-2011 Director and Principal Teaching instructor, Global University and at International School of Ministry, headquarters in Merida, Venezuela.
• Organising academic and administration work for six training courses of theology with turnout of 25-30 students at each one.
• Training new staff to teach the curriculum for the school and responsible for teaching and preparing classes by ensuring the correct educational resources are in place.
• Preparing students for their exams by encouraging them and providing support. Experience of organizing extracurricular activities such as trips, theatre, competitions, etc.
Nov 1987-June 2011 Charity training and work, Assemblies of God, Mérida, Venezuela
• Organising and guiding nine social charity events to the communities of the State of Mérida, Venezuela.
• Leading professionals in different areas of expertise such as doctors in medicine, nutritionist, dentist, lawyers to provide their services for some of the populations of the Merida State.
EDUCATION & COURSES
2011-2012 Pre-Master Degree Social Sciences and Humanities, Queen Mary University.
• Command of principles, issues and practices of modern international management and its relevance to commercial practice. Business strategies adopted to compete in the global marketplace.
• Skills research and analysis, presentation, teamwork and leadership, and cultural adaptability. Able to engage in critical debate with difficult empirical analysis and enquiries.
2011 Certificate of English Queen Mary University. London, England.
• Proficiency in academic listening, reading, writing and speaking English equivalent to CEFR level B2.
2000-2006 BA Modern Languages, speciality in English, French and Italian, University of Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela
• Prepared to work in matters related to education, business and cultural exchanges. Qualified in written and spoken languages and also equipped in an extensive understanding of the intricacies of European literature, popular culture, anthropology, ethics, politics, history, art, philosophy, theology, psychology and society of that language-speaking community.
• Competence to translate written texts in different areas of knowledge, able to be interpreter in conferences, seminars and congresses.
2006 Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language. “Funda-Idiomas” School of Languages, Mérida, Venezuela.
• Knowledge of teaching or lecturing Spanish in international education contexts.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||Not available|