I am a classically trained folk guitarist who teaches all levels of ability from beginner to expert. Whatever the levels, I am always extremely patient and supportive towards my pupils and always acknowledge that nobody is perfect - including myself.
I have experience teaching one to one and in multiple groups. This includes people - from all levels (beginner to expert) - who come from many different backgrounds, some of which have additional needs, which I always strive to consider.
I am a confident, reliable, self-motivated individual who is also highly considerate, creative and passionate about music.
Furthermore, I am so proud to be a fluent Welsh speaking graduate from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
I have outstanding communication skills and a major desire to continue performing and holding music workshops in order to teach and inspire others in life.
Recently my time was enthusiastically spent tutoring music to an adult group of mixed ability individuals from all walks of life. I relish and seek chances at every given opportunity to volunteer in order that I may help release creativity and confidence in others. I shall begin tutoring another group on a separate music project next week – this includes people who have Asperger Syndrome. In addition, I also intend to carry on raising public awareness on Asperger Syndrome through the media spectrum whilst raising money through various charity events. Recently I have appeared on ITV in doing this.
My successful skills include:
• Good organisational skills – I am a pro-active planner
I can work to expected timescales
• Outstanding eye for detail
I can immediately notice inconsistencies and errors
• Communication and listening – written and verbal
I am descriptive and extremely well-spoken
• Team work
Adaptable and flexible to ensure successful goals
• Translation from Welsh to English and the latter
I enjoy writing Welsh versions of other songs, and making bilingual posters
• Computer literacy
Confident in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Sage all of which I’ve had recent professional training
My certifications include:
• Best Musician Award at National Eisteddfod 2014
• NAS Autism training - Challenging Behaviour; Welsh Language Standards; Display Screen Equipment; Data Protection Act; Safeguarding Adults; Safeguarding Children; Mental Capacity Act
• Community Music Tutor Award certificate
• Expressive Arts Award – Nationally recognised practical accreditation
• BMus (Hons 2.i) Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
• I have completed work experience tutoring at a music course, which will lead to a gig at the Coliseum Theatre in Aberdare. It was a useful enhancement for confidence building and leadership skills, plus I also made use of my song-writing skills
• Recorded albums.
• I have started some exciting projects including video-making.
• I enjoy transcribing for lute and guitar and assisting others in musical interpretations.
• I have years of experience of paid musical performance on guitar (classical, folk) and lute for countless occasions including festivals, concerts, weddings and private party hired performances.
• Appeared on TV and Radio
• Run music sessions for Autistic people
• Worked with another Welsh speaker alongside all-age volunteers at the National Eisteddfod.
• I also enjoy creative writing. I’d so much like to get some stories published and broadcast.
• Enhanced DBS certificate
• Full clean driving license
I think that Nath is highly reliable, an extremely talented musician and a fine communicator. His values of kindness, honesty and inclusion are apparent in everything he does.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking acoustic guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|