I like to teach in a relaxed, informal way, as I think the best way to learn a language is to relax and have fun with it. I can adapt the subjects to your interests and needs.
I like to have discussions, using support from newspaper articles or videos, and changing discussion topics each session. We can work with texts, exercises or just conversation depending on what you require.
I grew up in Britain, where I attended school and university, before moving for France for a few years. I have studied French & Spanish, so understand the complexities and nuances of learning a foreign language, and I'm passionate about helping others learn to speak fluently.
I spent two years teaching English as a second language in a French university, and I have experience teaching large groups and face to face lessons.
I'd like to offer you the first lesson free, and then £18 per hour thereafter, for lessons at my home, £20 if I come to you, and £15 for online lessons.
Send me a message with any questions - I'd love to hear from you!
June 2018 – Present: Marketing & Communications Officer LONDON
• Organisation of internal & external events - All Staff Meeting, Christmas party, team building, Client forums, lunches, dinners, meetings and other entertainment
• Writing and distribution of internal newsletter (using Mailchimp)
• Internal & External digital marketing, increasing online & social media presence
• Internal Email Campaigns & Blasts
• Ensuring consistency across Talan branding, supporting the sales team with resources, presentations & information. Increasing brand awareness.
• Chief Happiness Officer - Organising team socials, company perks & benefits, gathering employee feedback, organising merchandising, and buoy up office atmosphere
• Office Management - Travel bookings, business cards, marketing materials, general support to team.
October 2017 – June 2018: Administrative & Communications Assistant LONDON
• Communications involved the organisation of internal events, identifying & booking pertinent industry conferences, forums & networking events. Writing & publishing the internal newsletter & designing & producing marketing material.
• Admin work focused on writing contracts for client projects, contractors, employees. Taking part in the on-boarding experience for new employees. Processing expenses claims. Accounts receivable (reception, chasing, processing & payment of invoices). Maintaining & updating intranet consistently - monitoring projects, suppliers, clients, invoicing & resources
• I was promoted to Head of Back Office for Talan Spain and thus oversaw the establishment of the Back Office for a new Talan branch. I was doing Spanish client & employee contracts, statements of work, homologations, contractor & employee documentation, and establishing various employee benefits (e.g. private health & life insurance), payroll etc. I was in charge of monthly accounts, creating, approving, sending invoices, updating the PnL & preparing payments
September 2015 – August 2017: Lectrice D’Anglais UNIVERSITÉ DE LORRAINE, METZ
Working as an English teacher to French university students and further education learners.
• Planning and giving lessons to people of all ages and levels helped to develop my oral & written communication skills and flexibility
• Prepared activities and cultural discussions, & gave both oral and written exams.
• Extremely organised, with highly effectively manage my time effectively to ensure all my students were satisfied with the quality of the lessons
• Active member of the English department, and suggested various changes to the organisation of the extra-curricular, and helped plan the department’s activities day.
June – September 2013: Animatrice d’enfants VVF VILLAGES, VENDES, FRANCE
• Working entirely in French
• Acquired valuable leadership skills, as I was responsible for around 20 children at a time.
• Excellent organisation & efficiency to offer highly professional service for holiday-makers
• Responsible for organising and running events; proposed & created new activity days
September 2012- May 2013: Volunteer Retail Assistant SAVE THE CHILDREN, EDINBURGH
• Commercially aware & on top of trends to identify which products to highlight.
• Offered creative, innovative ideas to renew the shop’s identity & led the re-organisation of the shop floor, using my initiative and leadership skills.
• Ensured good customer service to encourage customer loyalty, dealt with customer enquiries
August 2011 - May 2012: Party hostess and Play Centre Assistant FUN4ALL, MACCLESFIELD
• Part of a close team, rotating from reception, to party hosting, to the café.
• The success of the centre relied on teamwork and flexibility so I encouraged a supportive team ethos.
• The key was to be proactive, and use my initiative.
June - July 2008: Intern AITO, LONDON
• Processing customer feedback.
• Working as a team to finish internal projects within deadlines.
October 2009 - June 2011: Arts Club Leader THORNGROVE SCHOOL, CHEADLE HULME
September 2011- BA (Hons) Modern Languages and European Union Studies 2:1
June 2015 University of Edinburgh
January 2014 - ERASMUS, Sciences-Po Université Pierre Mendes Grenoble, France
September 2013 - ERASMUS, Universidad de Cáceres, Spain 7
June 2011 A Level Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School A*AB
June 2010 AS Level Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School AAAB
June 2009 GCSE Examinations, Cheadle Hulme School 2 A*s, 6 As, B
Languages: French: Fluent, Spanish: Proficient
TEFL qualified teacher
IT: PC: Microsoft Office XP – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
Mac: Apple iWork - Pages, Keynote, Numbers
Social media: WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Clean driving licence
Penny taught spoken English for 2 years both privately and at a French university to students of all ages from pre-school to 80 year olds. She made the lessons both fun and informative.
As a person, she is empathetic, calm, friendly - and very reliable.
Penny is my daughter - but that aside, I have no hesitation in recommending her if you want to improve your English, whether business or conversational.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|