I am a responsible teacher that keeps following up my student's progress and give regular feedback and advice to students and parents. I am based in London and I can prepare teaching material according to different students' levels and make a thorough learning plan. Furthermore, I can teach online as well as visit your office or home in according to where you are located in (ideally near central London).
I am a native Chinese speaker as well as a fluent English speaker with a recent master's degree in finance from Durham University. I can teach Mandarin as well as primary, GSCE and A-level maths. Moreover, I was always a top student in my previous studies, especially in Chinese and Maths. I have various experiences in teaching and I am a very friendly, enthusiastic and creative teacher. During my university study, I have taught several students in English, Mandarin and Maths in part-time and they were always satisfied with the content and depth of the teaching materials.
10/2016 – 01/2018 MSc in Finance, Durham University (GPA: 65% (Merit))
Core Modules: Security Analysis, Portfolio Management, Financial Modelling & Business Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management, Econometric Theory
09/2012 – 07/2016 BSc (Hons) Finance, Accounting and Management, University of Nottingham,
Ningbo, China (GPA: 64% (Second Class, Division One))
Core Modules: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Reporting, Financial Market, Computational Finance, Quantitative Methods, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics
Awards: 2013 Head’s Scholarship (Major Top 10%), Hong Kong HCIA “Business Plan Competition” Qualifier
03/2018 – 07/2019 Customer Manager & Bank Teller, CITIC Bank (Shenzhen, China)
• Provided financial investments advice and marketed new financial products with AUM of more than CNY 30 million (approx. £3.3m); Elected as monthly service star twice
• Processed timely and standard counter services to customers, including servicing client accounts, accepting loan payments, cashing checks, collecting bank draft, transferring money, international clearance, etc
• Passed CITIC Bank Teller Skill Test and China Banking Qualification; Handled an average of 200 customers’ counter services per day with no errors
• Won the 1st price in the money market and bond market-saving accounts referrals during 2 cross-selling promotions
• Assisted the supervisor with audits and daily balancing of the vault exceeding CNY 100 million (approx. £11.1m)
Key Skills: Attention to Details, Client Liaison, Quick-learner, Relationship Building, Time Management, Numerical, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills
07/2015 – 08/2015 Credit Clerk Assistant, CITIC Bank (Ningbo, China)
• Joined the car mortgage group and learned the loan procedures, repayment methods and documents verifications
• Organized the “CITIC Red” marketing activity: distributed leaflets, assisted in stand design, answered clients’ queries in the 2015 Ningbo Auto Expo and boosted the CITIC Bank auto loan product sales by 50%
Key Skills: Communication, Industry Awareness, Attention to Details, Resilience and Client Liaison Skills
07/2014 – 08/2014 Auditing Intern, Henan Kaiqiao Chartered Public Accountants (Luoyang, China)
• Organized and filed audit work papers and supplementary documentation in client site
• Executed working trial balance for revenues and expenses accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Group-completed several internal control risk assessments including financial ratio analysis and trend analysis
Key Skills: Numerical, Attention to Details, Teamwork, Quick Learner, Working Under Management and Analytical Skills
09/2014 – 06/2015 Co-Founder & Director of Liaison Department, University of Nottingham,
Ningbo Finance Club (UFC), (Ningbo, China)
• Expanded UFC the largest CFA Student Official Organization in Eastern China
• Organized 2 CFA IRC Contests & 3 CFA Public Lectures in campus
• Developed long-term relationship with Golden Finance Agency and obtained sponsorship 3 times worth CNY 15,000 (approx. £1,500)
Key Skills: Leadership, Communication, Organisational, Planning, Decision Making and Goal-Driven
01/2014 – 02/2014 Volunteer, AIESEC Ayanna 2.0 Orphanage Project (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
• Delivered English and Mathematics lessons to orphans and shared Chinese culture with them
• Coordinated AIESEC Colombo Global Village 2014 and worked as a host of Culture Night
• Promoted Chinese food, history and culture and communicated with people from all around the world
Key Skills: Communication, Teamwork, Building Relationships and Organisational Skills
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Languages: Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) and English, Basic in Korean
IT: Microsoft Office (Intermediate), VBA (Intermediate), EViews (Basic), STATA (Basic)
Interests: Enjoy playing badminton, table tennis, volleyball and piano
I have known Wanyi many years and she is always very friendly and responsible. I am confident that she will be an excellent teacher.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|