I would prefer to have lessons be as natural as possible, taking place at a cafe, park (if nice out), library, or something like that. As for style, we can adapt to each other and see what works best. I can teach all levels.
I am currently tutoring ESL students online. To date, I have taught almost 200 lessons. I enjoy online tutoring, but would like to also tutor in person.
I am a native to New York, and I have a BA in English Literature, with a Minor in Communications.
I have experience in exam preparation, subject lessons, and conversational English. So I am flexible to whatever sort of approach students are looking for.
Michael D. Micklow (concealed information)
Areas of Expertise: small business builder; HR; online tutor
Education: B.A. in Communications at Roberts Wesleyan College
Online Tutoring, VIPkid - 11/19 to present
TESOL certified for Levels 4 and 5 (8-12 years of age)
25 Parent feedbacks, all being Five Star reviews
maintaing schedule and preparing for lessons in advance
Online Marketing, Le Novel, 2016, present
● Helped launch and scale Le Novel
● Impact marketing tactics re: wedding/family photography
● Created targeted ad campaigns via social media
● Promoted Facebook ad campaigns; with an ad set focused on video content
● Collected ad data results to optimize future ad campaigns
● Utilized inventive keyword searches to target and pipeline best clients
Driver, Uber, 2016 - 2017
● Completed over 2,000 trips and maintained a 4.93 overall rating
● Drove in the busiest market in the world, San Francisco
● Hitting metrics and achieving daily and weekly ride number bonuses
● Delivering passengers to their destination
● Operating GPS navigation
● Communicating with client to ensure a pleasent experience
● Maintaining vehicle
Social Media Marketing/Freelance Journalism, Mint Press News, 2014 - 2015
● managed social media Facebook Page for Mint Press
● Increased brand recognition by researching and posting on news cycle topics
● Drove traffic on news page with innovative keyword copy
Server, Melting Pot Restaurant, Henrietta NY ((concealed information)), 2013 - 2014
● Server, cook, bar tender, assistant manager, and performed wine presentations
● Assistant to managerial tasks such as inventory and scheduling
● Preparing, cooking and serving fondue
● Constant communication with guests so to provide a perfect night out
● Troubleshooting less-than-ideal situations with creative resolutions
● Creating and maintaining co-worker relationships
Customer Service Agent, Global Sutherland Services, Henrietta NY, 2011 - 2012
● One year of providing customer support in a busy call center environment
● Handling customer inquiries, comments and concerns
● Continually learning new products and technologies
Michael was absolutely wonderful. He is very friendly and patient. Highly recommend him!
I had lessons with Michael in preparation for business meetings. He helped me improve business English as well as understanding American culture in professional environment.
It was very helpful and I could gain confidence thanks to him.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£28||£20|