Would you like to learn or review the basics? Improve your grammar? Improve conversational skills
and perfect your accent? Boost your confidence? I would be happy to help!
As we all learn differently, I am happy to adapt to the specific needs and pace of the learner.
Moreover, I firmly believe that the key to language learning is allowing students to put their knowledge into practice without delay and encouraging them to express their creativity.
We all learn better when we're having fun!
I have a BA in English Studies from La Sorbonne-Nouvelle – Paris 3 University and a University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language.
As part of my studies, I have worked a total of 16 months as a French Language Assistant in the UK (secondary education) and Canada (post-secondary), teaching my own classes and tutoring students of all levels (1 to 1 or small groups).
I also have experience giving private lessons to high schoolers and professionals looking to improve specific skills (e.g. Business French).
French Language Teaching Assistant (September 2016 - April 2017)
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
• Teaching intermediate level classes
• Tutoring students of all levels during drop-in hours
• Conducting and marking oral and written exams
• Creating resources and classroom activities
Course Leader (July 2016)
EF Education, Paris, France, and Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
• Accompanying the group (9-14 years olds) from Paris to the Isle of Wight and back
• Organising activities and excursions
• Ensuring the safety and well-being of students withing the group and their host families
• Ensuring an active participation from every student through varied activities
French Language Teaching Assistant (October 2014 - May 2015)
Skipton Girls’ High School et Ermysted’s Grammar School
Skipton, United Kingdom
• Assisting teachers in the classroom
• Helping students improve pronounciation and self-confidence through group discussions
• Helping students pepare for GSCE, AS and A2 examinations
Grenobles-Alpes University, Saint-Martin d’Hères, France (2016-2017)
University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language
La Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3, Paris, France (2011-2015)
BA in English language, translation, literature and civilisations
Pierre-Poivre Secondary School, Saint-Joseph, Réunion, France (2008-2011)
A-Level equivalent baccalaureate with first class Honours in Literature and Languages
Vancouver Aquarium, Vancouver, Canada (September 2016 - March 2017)
Co-teaching the marine and environmental education school programmes
(Kindergarten – Grade 12)
Languages – Bilingual French / English
Literature, poetry, writing, travelling, hiking, marine biology
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|