In a private tuition, I adapt and adjust to the level of each student. Depending on what their goal is, and on the frequency on which we meet, I then try and make the language practical so that it meets their requirements. Grammar is of course a key element that enables the rest of the French language to flow logically - there will always be some grammatical background to a lesson.
With the recent lockdown, I have moved my classes online after ensuring that I had all the equipment necessary. I prepare classes with slides illustrating the goal of the lesson, create little games to test the student, and always make sure that everything is understood by the student.
I am a native French speaker, with experience in teaching French in secondary school, and in University as a tutor.
I have had several private tuition students, one-to-one or in small groups, with whom we moved the classes online during lockdown.
The range of experience in French of my students vary from young beginners to experienced adult speakers. My goal is to make them comfortable with the language, agile in speaking situations, and understand the nuances of French.
For students that are interested, I can also record personal templates in French so that they can listen to the language tailored to their needs. I have joined a video explaining this concept - it is me recording, in French!
As for my own education, I have completed a MA in Irish Literature (with honours).
Looking forward to hearing from you!
• June 2019–now: Private tutor for English and French in Cambridge, UK. Personal Translator for a Cambridge Post-Doc Researcher.
• September2018– June 2019: Lectrice (French Language Tutor), at University College Dublin in Ireland. Working as part of a team, I was responsible for the delivery of the oral language programme for students from Year One to Year Three. This involved teaching language seminars as well as playing an active role in assessment (oral and written exams and continuous assessment). I also participated in theatre workshops where I made presentations about francophone areas in front of Year One students.
• September 2017–June 2018: Supervisor (ASEN), junior secondary school, Lycée Émile Zola, Rennes, France.
• January 2018: Examiner, English Language (mock orals), Lycée L’Assomption Rennes.
• October 2016– May 2017: French Teaching Assistant, St Gerald’s College, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
• June 2015 & June 2016: Administrative supervisor (vacataire) for Baccalauréat exams, Lycée Carcouët, Nantes, France.
• September 2013– August 2016 & January–June 2018: Salesperson in Nantes and Rennes for L'Épicerie Italienne (Italian food specialities).
• 2012–2019: Private Tutor: Mathematics & English tutoring in France, French tutoring (Leaving Cert & Junior Cert) in Ireland.
• 2010–2016: Babysitter (children aged 1 to 13 years old) in Nantes, France.
• Summer 2014: Intern, La Contre Étiquette wine store in Nantes, France. Focussing on legal and commercial aspects of the trade – Droit privé).
• Summer 2012: Au-pair in Northampton, Massachusetts, USA (three children aged from 6 to 15).
• September 2019—June 2020: 2nd year MA, Master Recherche Aires Anglophones (specialism in Irish Studies, with a focus on 21st century Irish literature), University of Rennes 2. Obtained with High Honours (Mention Très Bien)
• September 2017–June 2018: 1st year MA, Master Recherche Aires anglophones (specialism in Irish Studies) University of Rennes 2, with High Honors (mention Bien).
• September 2015– June 2016: Degree in English (3 years) LLCE - Licence, University of Nantes, with Honors (mention AB).
• September 2012–June 2014: 1st and 2nd year of Law and European Studies, University of Nantes.
• September 2011–June 2012: Classe préparatoire (intensive preparation programme for third-level study), CPGE (Hypokhâgne Lettres et Sciences sociales), Lycée Guist'hau, Nantes.
• June 2011: Baccalauréat, série S, Jules Verne secondary school in Nantes, with High Honors (mention bien); and Distinction in Mandarin (Mention orientale). Optional topics: Chinese (5 hrs/ week) and specialism in Mathematics (9hrs/ week)
• Participation (to come in the Autumn 2019) in the organising of the “Blazing a Trail” exhibition, on the lives and legacies of Irish diaspora women in Rennes2 University, with the help of the Irish Embassy in Paris.
• Participation in the organisation “Stop street harassment – Nantes” in 2016.
• Volunteer: in an organic associative market during summer 2012, Northampton, Massachusetts. I helped the organisers with the setting of the market, and took care of customers’ purchases. The market had its own currency so I transferred dollars into tokens, which enabled customers to buy products. I also organised activities for their children while they went grocery shopping.
• Reading, drawing, cinema, music.
• Sports: swimming, running, yoga, climbing, cycling.
• Travels: Multiple stays in Anglophone countries (mostly Ireland, but also the United Kingdom, and the United States), Europe, Northern Africa, India, China, Colombia.
Computer skills: comfortable with the usual Office tools. I can also record videos or voice overs, when provided with appropriate software.
Languages: Native speaker of French, bilingual in English, comfortable in Chinese, beginner level in Spanish and Irish.
Perfect! Clemence has been working with my daughter (7years old) for 9 months who has made so much progressed. Clemence's main strength is her approach to the grammar which is the base for French language. She brings rigors with a very friendly way. My daughter loves her and we are now starting with my second who is in reception.
I’ve been working with Capucine’s young daughter for over 8 months and her level of French, both in terms of reading and in terms of speech, have greatly improved. Her understanding was already quite good. I am so glad to have seen her get more and more comfortable with French, and I look forward to moving on to writing skills!
Clemence is, hands down, one of the very best teachers we have ever encountered. She has been teaching French to our 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son for nearly 18 months. The kids had minimal prior knowledge of French through school. Between March and September 2020, she has been working with the kids online every day. She has produced a vast amount of learning materials and resources, which are all age-appropriate and great fun, to the very specific interests of our kids. She has an amazing ability to keep her two students (with widely differing personalities) engaged, focused, well behaved, stimulated and motivated.
Her teaching style is playful yet disciplined. She is extremely clear in her explanations and her English is outstanding (so that there are no issues of communication). Our brief to Clemence was open-ended: help the kids understand, speak, read and (eventually) write French. I have no doubt that Clemence would equally be fantastic at helping students improve specific aspects of French only, e.g grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, literature or prepare to a particular qualification; and that she would excel in doing so for all levels and age groups.
We are lucky to have her and plan to keep her involved in our kids' education for as long as she agrees to do so. Given the effort Clemence puts into preparing and delivering her lessons, she is great value for money.
Clémence is a wonderful teacher. I had the pleasure of working closely with her during one year. She is extraordinarily talented at connecting with her students. Indeed she is really patient and she has great professional conscience.
Therefore I recommend Clémence without reservation.
I was Clémence's colleague in university and I have seen her giving the best of herself for her students ! She is patient, and threats each student as an individual, always with her great sense of humour ! She would know how to make you confident and at ease in her presence and I could not recommend her enough ! Go for it !
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|