As a student myself, I would not like to give boring lectures during the lessons. Instead, my teaching goal is to make things clear, precise and interactive for all students.
I am capable of explaining the beauty and abstract meaning behind Chinese characters, helping you to achieve comprehension in Chinese language in a deeper level.
I am a university undergraduate who is currently pursuing civil engineering masters degree in Imperial College London. I have been tutoring students of different levels for one and a half year in a mathematics specialized tuition center, meanwhile I am also experienced in giving personal tuition on mathematics. Majority of my students had outstanding achievements, such as being awarded with Distinction and above in prominent mathematics competitions. I am also a native mandarin speaker with Chinese High School Examination Qualification (Grade A in Malaysian High Education's Qualification).
Recently tutoring a GCSE student on Mathematics and Mandarin.
1. Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (Malaysian Certificate of Education), SMJK Kwang Hua, Malaysia
(January 2012-December 2016)
- Achieved 6A+ including English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Achieved A in Chinese Language (Capable of understanding and teaching modern and ancient comprehension (文言文及白话文), essay writing, grammar, vocabulary, phrases (名句精华) and poems.
2. Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) A-Levels, HELP Academy, Malaysia (January 2017-June 2018)
- Achieved 4A* in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics
3. MEng Civil Engineering, Imperial College London, United Kingdom (October 2018- present)
- Modules taken including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Geotechnics, Mathematics, Environmental Engineering Science and Materials.
//Relevant Working Experience//
1. Part-time Mathematics Tutor, Academy TeamMathics Bukit Tinggi Klang, Malaysia
(February 2017- August 2018)
- Guide students from different levels to solve mathematical problems with innovative approaches. Majority of my students were awarded distinction and above in external mathematics competition such as Australian Mathematics Competition.
2. Personal Maths Tutor, Kota Kemuning, Malaysia
(June 2018-September 2018)
- Teach mathematics with Malaysian secondary school syllabus.
1. Malaysian National Chemistry Quiz Distinction (2016)
2. ASEAN Maths Olympiad (ASMO) Team High Distinction (2016)
3. UNSW Science Competition Distinction (2016)
4. Australian Mathematics Competition Distinction (2017)
5. Kangaroo Maths Competition Bronze Medalist (2018)
I have worked in multiple student associations with Kevin before. He has always proven himself to be an efficient, trustworthy and fun team player! I have no doubt that Kevin will make a great tutor!
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|