I am open to tutoring those who simply just want to learn Spanish as a second language, those who are currently sitting their GSCE's and A levels. To identify what level of Spanish you are currently at, I like to set tasks, such as having a basic conversation, a written piece of work describing yourself and your hobbies in Spanish. I'd say that my strengths are helping verbal pronunciation, spotting errors in spoken and written activities and providing of alternative ways to improve your vocabulary. I also find it helpful to know your exam board and use it as a guide to find your strengths and weaknesses to help you prepare for future tests.
I am a graduate with a BA(hons) in Communications and Global studies, I am fluent in both Spanish and English. I have both Spanish GSCE and A level qualifications in which I achieved an A in GSCE and a B in A level. I was always that pupil that other students in Spanish class came to for help. During my time at University, the dissertation topic I had chosen was based on my home country of Costa Rica, where I conducted interviews in Spanish, translated and transcribed them into English.
Graduate with degree in Communication & Society and Global Studies, seeking work as a Spanish Tutor. My previous experiences tutoring Spanish for GSCE students while at Sixth Form have helped me understand the importance of being a good tutor, as well as the importance of encouraging clients and having patience with each individual. As a Native Spanish speaker and migrating to England at a young age I know the difficulty when it comes to learning a new language.
Nottingham Trent University: 2017-2020
BA(Hons) Communications & Society and Global Studies
Trinity Catholic Secondary School/Sixth Form: 2009-2016
A Levels: Spanish B, Applied Science DD
GCSE’s: Grades ranging from A-D, including Maths and English, Spanish grade A.
August/September 2019- Nottingham city council Leisure Centre Attendant
• Trained and awarded with National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
October 2019- March 2020 Afro Innovation Group: Volunteer Case worker
· Directly supported refugees, migrants and asylum seekers with legal queries e.g. EU settlement, court appeals.
· Research on UK and international laws and regulations.
· Wrote support letters and filled out applications for clients.
· Phone call queries to various institutions regarding case work.
January 2017- May 2017 EASA Travel agency, Costa Rica
• Worked abroad.
• Assisted other members of staff with paperwork.
• Handled and was trusted with confidential data.
February 2016-2017 Self-employed/organised Spanish Tutoring
• Tutored students for their Spanish GSCE’s
• Tutored clients with interest in further developing their skills with Spanish as a second language
December 2015 - December 2016 Burger King: Crew Member
• Worked as a cashier/cash handling
• Retail work
• Able to communicate in a professional manner when clients in tutoring sessions are improving by congratulating them and showing how they have improved.
• Able to encourage tutoring clients even when they are committing errors without patronizing them or putting them down.
• Conducted interviews in Spanish in preparation for my dissertation.
• Translated and transcribed interviews from Spanish to English for my dissertation.
• Experienced when dealing queries and complaints from clients.
• Able to complete and achieve orders from managers and other members of staff.
Initiative and Adaptability
• When tutoring I can adapt to different types of learners recognising that every student has different strengths and weaknesses.
• Quickly adapted to different types of roles in my employment and volunteering history, from working in a hospitality environment to working/volunteering abroad in a travel Agency.
• Can remain calm and professional when unexpected behaviours arise from clients.
• Planned individual lessons for Spanish tutoring, also having separate portfolios on each clients strength, weakness and goal.
• Organized and created a Global studies Society with other students in my course.
• Produced many group projects for assignments at University.
• Computing- Experienced in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• First aid and CPR trained.
Sports- I am a very active person who loves going to the gym, swimming and jogging on a regular basis to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Art- I enjoy making drawings and paintings in my spare time as I find it relaxing and fulfilling.
References – Available on request.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£14|