I am open to tutor all age groups, from primary school children to adults looking to improve their conversational, reading or writing skills. Depending on the wishes of the student, I will tailor exercises and provide summary sheets at the end of each lesson. With two academic degrees in the arts, I like to incorporate engaging material such as literature and music in order to guide students through vocabulary, help disentangle complex sentence structures, and explain grammar and punctuation all the while reducing the tedious labour of memorising.
I have previously taught drama classes and conducted choirs for several years. Employed as a freelance instructor at different schools in Bavaria/Germany, I have experience working with children and youth from age 7 - 16, including some with learning difficulties. During our 2 h session, we playfully explored speaking and acting techniques, wrote and practiced plays and songs, and organised performances.
Furthermore, I have successfully assisted specialists at art auction houses and various companies at trade shows across Germany in translating German to English and French. Having just graduated with a Master of Arts from UCL (University College London), I am eager to take on English-speaking students to help them achieve the level of German they aspire!
- University College London (UCL) — MA History of Art, 2018-19 (Graduated with Distinction).
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) — BA History of Art (Asia, Africa, Europe), 2015—18 (Graduated with First Class Honours).
- Frederick Richter Memorial Prize 2018
- Special Recommendation for Undergraduate Dissertation/ISP 2018
- Award for Undergraduate Non-Finalist 2017
- German (native proficiency)
- English (full professional proficiency)
- French (limited working proficiency)
- Latin: translating (Großes Latinum)
Sales Associate, Various Companies; Germany and the USE – 2014—ongoing
- Supported high-end German and French companies with foreign clients by translating German to English and French, and vice versa at trade shows across Europe and the US.
Junior Cataloguer, Art Auction House Neumeister GmbH & Co.KG; Munich, Germany — January to July 2014
- Composed and edited catalogue descriptions in both German and English.
Drama and Choir Teacher, Moves2Fit; Nuremberg, Germany – March 2012 to June 2014:
- Independently organised and conducted choirs and drama classes at primary and all- day schools across Bavaria.
- Wrote and practiced songs and plays with children aged 7 - 16, including pupils with learning difficulties.
- Organised performances and collaborated with dancing instructors to stage musicals at schools.
Private Tutor, Mary-Ward Gymnasium; Nuremberg, Germany - January 2010 to July 2011
- Privately tutored younger pupils in English, German, biology and history during the final years of grammar school.
- Supported pupils in preparing for exams and working through homework.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£100|