I approach the subject by each topic and give information then discuss with the student. this is followed by past exam practice sessions.
I have lectured in a College as well as private home lessons. I can travel to the student or they can travel to my home.
I have a MSc Business Analysis And Finance degree and A Bachelors of Honours Economics. I have more than 6 years lecturing in a UK Further Education College plus private tutoring for degree level students.
My latest student achieved a first class in Finance.
An innovative, self-motivated and hard working Finance Officer/Manager with excellent communication; financial; statical analysis; problem solving, organisational and people skills. Well-rounded experience gained in various positions within a management and customer focused environment and I intend to further develop skills and experience in a similar role.
• Managing and supervising a team of lecturers and administrators
• Planning and co-ordinating work programs and projects
• Organising meetings and workshops
• Working with external stakeholders to achieve organisational vision
• Excellent use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Email and Internet
• Budgeting and forecasting/ planning
• Payment of Expenses (internally and externally)
• Producing the Trading profit and loss accounts and Balance Sheet
• Producing financial and Management Reports
• Processing Payroll; payment of wages and salaries; expenses claims
• Maintaining and keeping the database
• Purchasing of supplies, raising Purchase Orders; Creating and payment of Invoices
• Inventory control
• Pricing formulations and simulations
• Networking with internal and external stakeholders and building relationships in different environments.
• Liaising with external examination bodies, customers, students, staff and other stakeholders
• Giving financial advice to the directors and senior staff and producing periodic and ad-hoc reports
• Co-ordinating communication at all levels up to the Directors.
• Giving presentations using verbal and PowerPoint methods at seminars and workshops
• Carrying out research and feasibility studies for various organisations
• Data manipulation, analysis and presentation using Statistical programs
• Excellent in using Business Oracles; Sales force; Property Hub; SAP SRM and SAP ERP systems
• Excellent in using University of Edinburgh Financial systems
• Proficient in data extraction and manipulation using SQL; SAS and Stata
• Excellent ability to use PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Word and Internet
MSc Business Analysis and Finance 2004 – 2005
University of Leicester, UK
Dissertation Title: 2005
Assessing The Impact of Microfinance on Economic Growth in Africa
BSc. Honours Economics 2001
University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
GCE ‘A’ Level 1992
Chaplin High School, Zimbabwe
GCE ‘O’ Level 1990
Chaplin High School, Zimbabwe
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIP
POSTGRADUATES DIPLOMA IN HOTEL & TOURISM MANAGEMENT
Chartered institute Of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Management Level (in progress) 2014
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators Zimbabwe (ICSAZ) 2002
Part A, B and C
2016 To Date Finance And Payroll Officer
• Managing the delivery of operational financial services across the Law School, providing oversight of all accounts.
• Providing financial information and undertake financial analysis in support of decision-making, drawing on data from a variety of sources.
• Managing and overseeing the ongoing development, review and implementation of standard procedures across all activities undertaken in relation to finance and payroll administration in order to streamline processes and increase efficiency and cost effectiveness. Including effective communication of relevant financial information to all School staff, in particular providing policy and operational advice to all budget holders and new staff.
• Liaising with other finance and procurement sections in the University, and within the College; to represent the School at relevant meetings and training; to keep up-to-date with the latest regulations and procedures; to represent the College, if requested, on relevant University projects; to liaise with HR and payroll functions in order to resolve queries and ensure salary processing deadlines are met. To oversee training and support for all staff involved in finance processing in the School and ensure that they understand and follow best practice; that relevant systems training is undertaken; that transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Directly line managing the Finance and Payroll Administrator, providing guidance, mentoring and support, and to provide overall management and leadership. This includes: dealing with pastoral issues as they arise; conducting annual reviews; setting targets and objectives; liaising closely with the Resources Administrator to review workloads and allocation of tasks across all areas of activity in the School Office; participating in recruitment of new staff. At all times reinforcing the requirement to maintain exceptional customer service standards, and ensuring that staff in the School Office deliver the required levels of service
2016 May to December
Finance And Payroll Administrator
University of Edinburgh-Law School
• Financial Management-checking, reconciliation and payment of invoices; reconciliation and distribution of monthly finance reports; raise process and match purchase orders and e-ITs via the University systems. Reconcile and maintain petty cash float. Monitor income, commitments and expenditure against unrestricted and restricted cost centres and job codes.
• Create, maintain and review tracker spreadsheets, check transactions and balances against online system reports (typically Web first, e-financials or Bi suite) on a monthly basis and query anomalies and provide standard reports and updates to key contacts. Support the Resources Administrator in the creation of routine management information. Assist with the preparation of year end and accruals and prepayments.
• Expenses-Process and submit staff expenses via the University e-expenses system and act as proxy as required. Process visitors expense claims, including foreign payment transactions via online system.
• Undertaking Travel research and booking for colleagues and visitors and arrange re-imbursement.
• Co-ordinating the GH contract staff and eTime approvals
• Payroll- Processing and payment of tutoring and casual payment staff
2015-2016 Transactional Finance And Eco Billing Administrator, British Gas
• Processing and Payment Of Invoices using SAP ERP/SRM
• Collating Data Using monthly Bills and Reports
• Administration and processing Eco Claim revenues for jobs installed under Affordable Warmth and Area Based Schemes
• Using web- based applications; Sales force, Property Hub, Excel spreadsheets to capture and record data
• Networking with stakeholders and field operators
• Problem solving and quality checking for compliance in line with BGEE and Ofgem standards
2013-2014 Data Analyst/Administrator, COEDMA Pvt. Ltd.
• Banking; Data Capturing and Analysis; Customer Liaison; Balancing books; Administrative and general office duties.
2006 – 2012 Head of Program/Lecturer, Leicester Business Academy, Leicester
• Lecturing Economics; Accounting; Maths; Marketing; Travel & Tourism; Quantitative & Business Courses
2006-2012 Finance Manager/Bursar, Leicester Business Academy
• Allocation of budgets, positions of responsibility and other resources within the area of responsibility.
• Supervision of the delivery of teaching programs.
• Engage in ongoing professional learning to improve my practice.
• Work collaboratively with professional colleagues to improve teaching and learning within the college.
• Planning and implementing a range of teaching programs or course of study (e.g. ABE programmes, CIMA, IMIS).
• Working with several Examination bodies & administering exams.
• Managing and supervising a team of Lecturers in the planning, implementation and renewal of teaching and learning programs according to the college strategic plan’s goals and priorities.
• Leading the development of curriculum policies and programs.
• Handling all financial decisions and payments on behalf of Directors
• Ordering and Purchasing of supplies
• Coordination of Finance Team in collection of students fees
• Record Keeping and maintaining of Financial Records
• Planning and Administration of projects (using PRINCE 2)
• Financial Reporting
2011- 2012 Health & Safety Officer, First Aider Leicester Business Academy
• Providing a healthy and safe environment for students and employees
• Maintaining Records on Health and Safety
• Coordination of Fire Risks Assessments and Drills
• Meeting requirements of the external governing bodies like UKBA, BAC on Health and Safety issues.
2005 Tele-Call Sales, British Red Cross, Leicester
• Answering customer calls; Data capturing and updating and general customer service duties
2003 - 2004 Care Assistant, The Langston, Oxfordshire
Facilitating and support Clients in decision making, promoting choice and involvement giving full regards to initiatives aimed at promoting Client empowerment.
2001 - 2003 Business Analyst & Market Researcher, Grain Marketing Board, Zimbabwe
• Analysis of all business activity and producing quantitative and qualitative reports for strategy and policy making.
• Research and procurement of imports of grain, analysis of tenders.
• Feasibility studies, market research and developing new business projects.
• Pricing formulations and simulations.
- Best Economics Student in Lower Sixth, Chaplin High School 1991
- Best Accounting Student in Upper Sixth, Chaplin High School 1992
- Most Well Behaved Girl, Chaplin High School 1992
- Senior Prefect Honours, Chaplin High School 1992
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Playing tennis and darts, taking walks, going to the gym, playing the Keyboard and reading
Excellent references available on request
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business studies lessons for all!
Taking commerce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|