I am a neuroscience graduate, studying at University College London. My main goal is for a student to gain a thorough understanding of the topic, and to become well acquainted with the examination techniques. In order to achieve that, I provide personalised exercises as well as use the examples from past exam papers. And, since I am a massive science nerd, I will do my best to try and show you how you can apply what you have learned to everyday life!
I have been tutoring for over three years and in this time I have worked with 5 different students. I have over 100 hours of experience tutoring GCSE biology, chemistry, and physics and over 20 hours of experience teaching 11+ maths. The student I have most recently worked with improved from receiving Cs to getting straight As within 3 months of tuition (with only weekly lessons).
I generally do not charge for travel as I intend to cycle, and will therefore only do so if I need to take the London Underground. In that case, I will charge the off-peak fare.
I am currently studying neuroscience at University College London and am passionate about sharing my enthusiasm for this discipline and for scientific education with younger students. It is my objective to help inspire current students to pursue science by showing how scientific concepts can be relevant to everyday life and prospective career paths, and to do this within a fun and interactive learning environment.
University College London (UCL) – London, UK 2014 - Present
BSc Neuroscience – Completion of 1st and 2nd year with upper second-class average
Gimnazija Vič Grammar School – Ljubljana, Slovenia 2010 - 2014
Achieved national Matura diploma (equivalent of A-levels in the UK)
Ranked 9.30 points above National Average
Science tutor, Titanium tutors, London, UK October 2015 - present
- Role: Provided personalised tutoring to assist year 5, 9 and 10 students in the completion of their school year
- Skills: Excellent communication skills, open and relaxed teaching style, emphasis on holistic understanding and generating critical thinking skills
English & Maths Tutor: MISSS, Ljubljana, Slovenia September 2012 - June 2013
- Role: Provided personalised tutoring to assist a year 4 student (age 10-11) in the completion of her school year
- Results: Saw greatly improved grades, from 1 to 4 (1 being the lowest and 5 the highest obtainable grade)
• Sound knowledge of biology, physics, chemistry, biochemistry
• Straightforward and simple explanations
• Application of knowledge to real life
• Excellent communication skills, open and relaxed teaching style
• Emphasis on holistic understanding and generating critical thinking skills
• Appreciating students’ varying levels of interest and abilities in science
• Ability to integrate various science disciplines in order to present a big picture
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£90||£115||Not available|
|10 hours||£180||£230||Not available|