Currently doing my Bachelor of Neuroscience in University College London. I am offering to tutor students up to A-levels in Biology subject which might be applicable for other biology-related lessons too for instances molecular biology, genetics, physiology and cellular biology.
I would arrange the contents of the tutoring according to the biology syllabus taught in schools or colleges (Cambridge International Examinations - CIE).
Interestingly, I will not conduct the tutoring session formally, instead it will be a relaxed and casual session yet very educational and informative for students. Additionally, I will make sure that my tutees will understand what I am trying to convey and teach by tutoring them according to their pace.
I had experienced teaching secondary students in my school in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. I conducted the teaching session attractively and interactively by which involving students with the conversation and asking them to answer questions which are related to the teaching contents. It turned up to be a really interactive and useful session for the students and they really enjoyed and excited with how I conducted the session.
Muhammad Zulfadhli Bin Othman
University College London, Division of Life Sciences (London, UK)
• BSc in Neuroscience, Department of Biosciences (Expected September 2018)
International Islamic School Malaysia (IISM) (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
• A-Levels in Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry (August 2015)
Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology
Sekolah Menengah Sains Kota Tinggi (SAKTI) (Johor, Malaysia) (December 2012)
Malay (A+), English (A+), Mathematics (A+), Additional Mathematics (A+), Islamic Studies (A+), Biology (A+), Physics (A+), Chemistry (A+), History (A+)
SCIENTIFIC & ACADEMIC KNOWLEDGE
Drugs for Neurodegenerative treatment (Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases).
Central nervous system targeting drugs (Anxiolytic, hypnotic, antipsychotic, antidepressant and antiepileptic drugs).
• Cellular Neurophysiology
Roles of Ca2+ in signaling and modulating neuronal activities (neurotransmission). (Roles of Ryanodine in regulating cytosolic Ca2+)
Function of glial cells in neuroprotective mechanism (Glial cell roles in regulating extracellular neuronal neurotransmitter concentration) – Glial cell failure leads to neurodegenerative disorder such as Alzheimer’s Disease which results from overconcentration of cytosolic Ca2+ and extracellular glutamate neurotransmitter
LABORATORY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Cloning (producing genomic libraries) and identification of DNA fragments by Southern Blot and DNA profiling.
• Respiratory and Cardiology Laboratory analysis.
• Bioinformatics computer based analysis by Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS); amino acids and protein sequencing e.g. Swissprot and Uniprot.
• Bioinformatics computer based practical analysis for Alzheimer’s Disease – producing and developing DNA database in Alzheimer’s Disease; e.g. GWAS and Kegg Pathway.
• Cellular Neurophysiology laboratory practical and analysis (Analysis of Membrane Potential and Action Potential properties based on Neuronal Electrical Circuitry) by LabChart (Life Science Data Acquisition and Analysis).
• Cellular Neurophysiology practical on membrane potential of locust external tibia muscle using intracellular recording method (membrane potential recording by micropipette).
LEADERSHIP AND NON-CURRICULUM EXPERIENCE
Volunteer for Projek Prihatin (2017)
• Participated in volunteering food distribution for homeless people in London. This program enhanced my skill of how to approach people in a very kind and friendly way.
Committee and Volunteer for Ummah and Charity Week (2017)
• Involved in participating and organizing London Ummah and Charity Week; fundraising and humanitarian campaigner. By being a committee and volunteer for this activity, I gained a leadership and management skills at which allow me to construct a more strategic planning for my future career and fortune.
Training of the trainers (2016)
• Involvement in training of trainers by improving the trainees’ self-management, soft and leadership skills during the summer break organized by a non-governmental organization (IKRAM). From this program, I gained a very important soft skill in which enables me of how to help improvising and enhancing others self-management and leadership skills.
Facilitator of Summer (Journey of a Muslim (JOM)) and Winter (Perhimpunan Musim Sejuk) Camps (2016)
• Involved in facilitating participants in term of team work commitments; enhancement of team work and leadership skills. This allows me to enhance my leadership skill of how to facilitate and lead a group to work cooperatively.
Motivational speaker (2015)
• Involvement in giving a motivational talk organised by Gabungan Pelajar Melayu Semenanjung (GPMS) to the secondary school students especially amongst those who will be sitting for the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and Pentaksiran Tingkatan 3 (PT3) examination. This sharing session enhanced my charismatic skill in which allow me to present and convey my thoughts to audience strategically.
Teaching assistant (2014)
• Involved in teaching secondary school students for Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Mathematics Subjects. By assisting teachers to teaching the students about mathematics and sciences, I gained an experience of how to construct and plan a more critical and interactive learning session in order to attract the students’ attention.
Innovation competition participant (2012)
• Participated in innovation competition during secondary school. This competition allowed me to present my project to others especially the jurists in a scientific and interactive way including relevant scientific and statistical analyses as well as appropriate visual presentation.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£10||Not available|