I us key ideas and concepts that people can remember and relate to. I always teach so that it is relevant to working life as well as passing exams Students describe me as passionate, fun and very knowledgeable.
I have over 6 years teaching on line, and 20 plus years with exceptional pass rates and progression. I have 6 years experience in practice and 20 years in teaching with an MSc in accounting and Finance
Jan 2018 to Jan 2019 BPP University Business School Manchester
MSc Accounting and Finance - Merit
(Research on monopoly and mergers within supermarkets)
ACCA syllabus plus portfolio plus 3 options Finance and, Performance Management plus Advanced Audit.
2018-2018 Higher Education Academy
2004-2005 PG Certificate of Educations– Commendation (FE), IV
1993-1994 PG Certificate in Business and Management – Merit
1989 – 1993 (Financial) Economics BA(Hons) – 2.2
(advanced research on CAPM. Dissertation Small business impacted by the function of audit)
2018-to date Kirkbride Consultancy – Newcastle UK
• Delivery of, teaching, marking, designing course material for face to face and on-line courses for Professional Accountancy Qualifications. ACCA, CIMA and AAT.
• Specialist expertise within Strategy Planning, Audit, Financial and Management accountancy.
2008-to date Kirkbride Property Development- Newcastle UK
• Planned urban renewal. Full P&L responsible for £600,000.
• Led and managed the designed and delivered of housing projects in North East England see on tv show “to buy or not to buy” in the to buy segment. Relationship management with stakeholders to ensure delivered on time and in budget.
• Skills include vision, leadership and change management skills plus target marketing and entrepreneurship along with more tactical operations and project management.
2001 – 2018 BPP Professional Education (international – UK based)
Design and quality control of international materials ( Learning Media):
• Official international ACCA material producer for P3 and CIMA Strategic enterprises subject manager writing, technical checking of materials, and technical query support.
• Critically evaluating quality control and change management.
• Marking for ICEAW, CIMA & ACCA in-house.
Delivery (Professional Qualifications) face to face, live on line and managing cohorts for distance learning:
• Designed and delivered planned tuition and revision courses for the following accountancy qualifications; CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW and AAT. Predominantly Audit, Strategy and management accounts economics and final level case studies.
• In classroom and on-line.-live to a wide range of students (age, ability, motivation, worldwide locations, supporting diversified groups – e.g. South America, Poland, and China).
• Delivered exceptional retention, class pass rates and prize winners in both ACCA and CIMA.
Achievements whilst at BPP included:-
• Pioneered AAT apprenticeship for BPP regions from business case for government funding, achieving the funding and hiring and managing staff to administer and designing a course to running course delivery meet outcomes, recognised within BPP for meeting outcomes and working closely with London on government audits.
• Sole responsibility for the management and delivery of the strategic level CIMA courses and led the delivery and was appraised on targets for excellent pass rates, student retention and developing student numbers.
• Subject matter included Business strategy, information strategy, and case study. Liaison with both Cima bodies, especially with regard CIMA Case Study and ACCA.
• Pioneering social events in Newcastle office raising BPP profile by talking to educational bodies about professional accounting qualifications. Planned and designed talks for several years to at several colleges including South and North Tyneside to increase the profile of BPP in terms of the professional qualifications that we had to offer. Administered bespoke courses to client delivery within Newcastle.
July 2000- Nov 2001 FTC AKA Kaplan (Newcastle UK)
AAT Apprentice Manager and Accountancy Lecturer
AAT manager, IV and assessor working on a national model to achieve funding criteria.
Delivery of ACCA, CIMA and AAT in Newcastle, Leeds, and Glasgow offices.
Sept 1998- July 2000 North Tyneside College now Tyne Metropolitan College
Business management Lecturer
Developed materials delivered courses and sat on marking boards for HNC/D, BNC/D business and finance.
July 1996- Sept1998 Durham and Tees Audit Consortium now (Audit North)
Senior Auditor (Internal Audit Public sector)
Delivery of programmed Forensic and Value For Money audit for public sector GP’s, Pharmacy’s, and trusts. Ensuring compliance and systems efficiency and statutory requirements were met.
Sept 1995- May1996 District Audit
Audit Assistant (External Statutory Public sector )
Worked on clients’ assurance such as the Prescription Pricing Authorities liaison with internal audit PWC. External Audit duties for statutory accounts junior audit.
July1994- Sept1995 NTEC
Internal Audit (Private Sector)
Systems, compliance to government criteria for funding and VFM audit work.
Sept 1993-July1994 Tait Walker
Trainee Partner (External Audit Private Sector)
Accounts preparation, payroll, tax computation, statutory audit. Studying for ICEAW exams.
Janice is a very knowledgable tutor and helped me to get through some really tough accountancy exams! She's fun and approachable and I would certainly recommend her to anyone looking for tutor!
I had the privilege of having Janice as a tutor at BPP and she is very knowledgeable, helpful and such a great character which made learning much easier. Whenever I was stuck or struggling, she always replied quickly and always went out of her way to ensure you had understood her.
Janice is a pleasure to work with, she is highly driven, has an ultra positive outlook and could and inspire even the most stubborn person. I genuinely look forward to our conversations.
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking professional transition lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£48|
|5 hours||Not available||£225||£240|
|10 hours||Not available||£450||£480|