My research project was based on Mindfulness in the classroom which I believe helps learners to be present in the lesson and gain the most from each of the sessions. I have always believed sports benefits mental health and this further benefits learning.
I am a qualified Sports Therapist who has recently gained a PGCE at Masters level for Sports teaching. Distinction/ Merit gained. I taught in a local college various qualifications including BTEC and NCFE for one year where all students have moved on to further learning or work.
I have recently completed a PGCE (M) in Sport 14+ (2019-2020) where I received a Merit for Theory and Distinction for Practical teaching. I currently work for Blackburn Rovers Community Trust as a Receptionist and Sports Assistant. Prior to this I was a student of Liverpool Hope University studying BA Honours in Early Childhood and Education (Graduated July 2017). My main aim is to work in a sports, exercise and physical development environment. My main interest is surrounding Anatomy and Physiology and sporting injuries. I have previously done Sports Therapy, Gym Instructing and Football Coaching Level 1 which I hope will help with developing my knowledge within the sports industry. I believe health and fitness plays a vital role in education, I carried out research proving this theory for my dissertation in university. I would like to work with children aged 11 – 19 years old.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• I work for the National Citizen Service (NCS) through BRFC Trust, this is seasonal work, where I lead a group of 15 young people (15-18 years old) through different activities.
• Managing behaviour
• Working with children and young people from a wide range of backgrounds
• I qualified as a Level one football coach September 2018- This has helped me whilst working with children and young people whilst in schools and during NCS activities and I have also been volunteering in local schools with Blackburn Rovers Community Trust coaching nursery and primary aged children.
• During the summer of 2016 I spent 6 weeks volunteering in Thailand at various schools teaching ages 3 to 16 years old. I also spent a week volunteering in an Elephant Sanctuary
• I spent 3 months volunteering in St Mary’s Nursery with children between the ages 0 to 4 before getting paid casual work here
• Leadership: Supervising and motivating a team of up to 10 members of staff in my previous and current job role.
• First Aider
• Fire Warden
• Bar Management: Organising the bar, arranging stock rotation and planning ahead for future events with amount of stock, numbers of staff, organisation of the bar etc. Working in a fast paced environment.
• Money Management: As a supervisor my role involved cashing up and managing money
• Cellar Management: I organised and maintained the cellar running a weekly line clean
• Dealing with Customer Complaints: As a supervisor and whilst working with customers in previous jobs I have dealt with various complaints effectively
• Food and Bar Service: A number of the events involve food service covering up to 130 people with serving up to 500 people on the bar.
• Working at many different types of bar and waiting on events including many different children events, baby classes and various music and film nights
• Managing and maintaining my own department at The Original Factory Shop: This involved organising stock with customer needs in mind
• Customer Interaction: Previous employment and college experience have both provided me with opportunities to gain the confidence to enable me to work well with customers
Blackburn Rovers Community Trust: Part Time June 2017-Present
Receptionist and Sports Assistant (Supervisor)- Working with various departments from the Primary Stars team where I helped with different subjects which included a reading club. Leading a team of around 10 staff members through admin and sports roles.
The Grand Venue: Part time November 2010- Present
Bar Supervisor July 2014- July 2015
The Grand Venue is an events hall which holds a wide range of different events from family fun nights, film nights, live bands etc. Until 2014 I worked as a casual member of the bar and waiting on staff during my time at college and then with another part time job.
St Marys Nursery: Casual January 2016-2017
Helping with various activities for ages 0-4 years old. Working with the different range of ages to develop the child holistically.
The Original Factory Shop: Part time October 2016- 2017
Part time July 2012 – July 2014
The Original Factory Shop is a shop in Clitheroe which stocks a wide range of products and clothing
The Red Pump Inn March 2016- October 2016
The Red Pump Inn is a restaurant and Inn in Bashall Eves where I work on the bar and wait on tables.
Oakhill Academy: Part time July 2015- February 2016
Oakhill is a school with a small Café and gym. I worked as a casual member of the bar and waiting on.
De Lacy: Part time July 2013- April 2014
The De Lacy is a pub in Whalley which occasionally hosts different events such as live music and the local pool tournaments
Skipton Traditional Sweet Shop: Part time, May 2009- May 2010
FA Level one Award in Coaching Football
120 hours, internationally accredited, TEFL/TESOL Certification. July, 2016
Child Protection Training
Level 3 First Aid at work (May 2021)
TWM Fire Protection- Fire Safety and Training, The Role of a Fire Warden
HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (QCF)
BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer and Cellar Quality (Cask and Keg)
Manual Handling Awareness Training
Ladder Safety Training
University of Bolton 2019-2020
PGCE (with Masters) Theory- Merit Practical- Distinction
Liverpool Hope University 2014 – 2017
Early Years and Education Combined BA Honours- 2:1
Craven College 2010- 2012
VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
VTCT Level 2 Certificate Fitness Instructing- Gym Based Exercise
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Functional Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Therapy
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in the Prevention and Management of Sports Injuries
VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Business Start-up
VTCT Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
NCFE Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection
HSE First Aid at Work
Entry Level Award in Preparation for Event Volunteering
Edexcel Functional Skills English Level 1
NCFE Level 1 Award in Personal Money Management
Ribblesdale Technology College, High School – 2005-2010
Physical Education: B
English Language: B
English Literature: B
Additional Science: C
Religious Studies: B
My main hobby is horse riding. I have had a horse from the age of 12, before this and until 13 years old I had riding lessons. I now have a horse which I enjoy spending my spare time with. The responsibilities of owning horses include mucking out, feeding, cleaning the horses, making sure their feet are maintained each day. I also have to ride and exercise the horses to keep them fit.
I also enjoy walking with my dogs, taking care of my animals and going to the gym to keep fit in my spare time.
References are available upon request.
sports science lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£27||£22|