Want to try something new and exciting during lockdown?!
Learning an instrument could be the perfect way to get you focused on something completely new!
I am an enthusiastic and encouraging brass teacher who is extremely passionate about music and expanding people's musical knowledge.
I teach brass and piano to people of all ages at any level
No musical experience required so please give it a go!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
* French horn
* Tenor Horn
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Bachelor of Music with Honours 2:1
- How much do you charge?
£10 for half an hour
£20 for 1 hour
- Where do you teach?
- When are you available?
I can teach all days of the week and weekend, this is extremely felxible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages, ideally primary school and above. Adults at any age also!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I would encourage students to aim to partake in ABRSM exams at a suitable level for them, however only if this is what they would like to do. In my experience these exams encourage students to set goals for themselves and can really help to develop their playing abilities.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Learning a brass instrument is extremely rewarding and I would recommend it to anyone! It's energising, fun and very cool! Give it a go!
- What kind of experience do you have?
* Warrington Youth Orchestra brass tutor (2015-2017)
*Private brass and group brass teaching (2014-2020)
*National Children's Orchestra tutor (2013)
In addition to teaching, I am also a freelance musician and have experience playing in professional orchestras throughout the UK.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have recently updated my CRB/DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
At the RNCM I studied french horn with Julian Plummer (Halle Co-Principal horn) and Timothy Jackson (Liverpool Philharmonic Principal Horn).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
2010 - 2014- Royal Northern College of Music
2008 - 2010 - Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Junior Department
2004 - 2010 - St Columba's High School
£10 for half an hour online
£20 for an hour online
• Bachelor of Music with Honours
• DBS check
• Royal Northern College of Music
trumpet lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cornet lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, french horn lessons for all!
Taking tenor horn lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|